Ads Top

"What's going on with distance tracking?"


#PokemonGO: I hatch many eggs but can't help but notice lately that sometimes I will not get credited towards my walking distance. There have been a few other instances, but today, for example, I was walking to the park and had an egg hatch, my incubators updated, had a couple at 2.3/3.3km. I figure from there I could walk 7 minutes up to the park, wait for the distance to update and then walk back to get at least the 1km I needed. I'm trying to pinpoint the issue because I walked to the park and waited for my incubators to update but they never did. Both sat at 2.3/3.3km after arriving at the park and waiting so after waiting a bit more I decided to leave and shortly after saw it update to 2.4/3.3. When I got home it updated to 3/3.3km but I should have been credited for way more. I'm walking at an average pace with my go plus like I always do but it's a re-occurring theme with this game I've noticed.It's really frustrating to not get credited for distance when you expect to gain the distance you walked, especially when I've had distance calculated correctly before and have star pieces running for when eggs are anticipated to hatch. It's just so inconsistent, even with being mindful which direction I walk, it really sucks to look at your incubators expecting them to update any second but never do, despite already walking to do so.With hatching being the main source of stardust this event, it's crucial to have a star piece on during hatches and to avoid premature hatching or even delayed/un-credited hatches I'm forced to run star pieces the entire duration of my session, the tricky part is calling it a day without having to burn another star piece or not having eggs hatch accordingly. I know this problem isn't anybody can problem solve for me but think it's important to put it out there for others who may be experiencing similar grievances.TLDR: Walking at normal pace, not opening gifts nor interacting with gyms, egg distance will not update for certain periods of time. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2CQbm4b
"What's going on with distance tracking?" "What's going on with distance tracking?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:04 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.