Ads Top

"A Tangible Experience: 3,075 Buneary Shinyless Checks"


#PokemonGO: My screenshots of before and after: http://bit.ly/2UXtSmd was captain Ahab to my white whale known as shiny Buneary. But I am not here to complain. That is how odds work and I feel the normal shiny rate is fairly balance for the current state of the game.But my experience added tangibility to a recent thread: "The Solution to Shines: chaining." It talked about adding an additional way to grind for shinies instead of just lowering the shiny rate, which would be less rewarding as a player and not in Niantic’s business interest.I was sad at my result here, but I was not unhappy. That is part of how the game currently works and I knew that as I grinded away. But the take away from a player that tries to understand Niantic's perspective (they are a business) is there is no question this experience will make me think twice about grinding that much during an event again. Knowing I can reach 2,000 or 3,000 checks with no shiny. And that is a shame for long term play. I feel if a supplemental feature was added that was NOT geared to making it quicker/easier to obtain a desired shiny, but to reward players that are willing to put the time and effort to obtain a desired shiny, player satisfaction AND time played would noticeable increase in the long run. And it is these players who are willing to put the time and effort in that likely spend the most on the game. Keeping them satisfied and playing is good game culture.I am not sure how best to do this given Niantic’s underlining community and exploration focus. The other thread’s suggest on chaining was well thought out and that could be a good starting point. I do feel a supplemental solution deserves serious consideration given the mutually benefit and perhaps allow Captain Ahab to get his white whale.Thank you via /r/TheSilphRoad http://bit.ly/2Ztsoyt
"A Tangible Experience: 3,075 Buneary Shinyless Checks" "A Tangible Experience: 3,075 Buneary Shinyless Checks" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.