Ads Top

"So, how's raiding going for you? (or, how I helped out others and had a good time)"


#PokemonGO: In our town we have a Facebook group for raiding.A Latios raid appears, I post it and mention the kids and I will be doing it.I get a private message from someone asking if the raid is still on, because 3 people isn't enough, and he's only level 24, right? I tell him the kids and I will certainly do the raid, and he's welcome to join us. We wait around a bit for him to show up, and he's still not sure what to do. I tell him to just roll with it, and that we'll take it down. We take it down, and while catching, he mentions that it's the third or fourth he's participated in, and that he didn't catch it yet. I tell him to be patient, wait for the attack, and curve it. Unfortunately, he doesn't catch it. I tell him that, actually, if it's shiny, he just has to hit it and it's a guaranteed catch. Furthermore, there's another Latios raid popping up the next gym over. I ask him if he wants to join us again, and we joke that he'll get a shiny this time. Which, you will have guessed it by now, he does! He catches it, and goes home happy. I get to go home with 2 kids that didn't get a shiny ;).A Giratina-Origin raid appears, I post it and mention the kids and I will be doing it.I again get a private message asking if the raid is still on, from a different person this time. I say sure & to just tag along. We beat it, the guy catches his first legendary, goes home happy.It's Deoxys EX raid day. Kids & wife tag along. We're in a group of 20 for the raid, when some of the regulars mention they're not in the group. I tell my kids and wife to just do the raid with the other people, and I exit the raid to join the others. Meanwhile the other raid is won, my kids catch Deoxys, fail to catch for my wife (no biggie, she already has a Defense Deoxys). There's 6 of us in the other lobby, it takes some time but we beat it with about 30 seconds to spare. I'm not sure they would've failed without me, but I was glad I could help either way.A Giratina-Origin raid appears, I post it and mention the kids and I will be doing it. Two other regulars mention they'll join us, and the guy from the second anecdote above mentions he and 4 friends, all lower levels, would like to join. I explain them where the gym is, and tell them we'll wait. When it's time to do the raid, my oldest son, my wife and me are having connection issues. I tell my youngest son and the others to just do the raid, don't wait up for us. They win the raid, and all of them end up catching a weather boosted Giratina-Origin. We stand around chatting a bit, when my oldest son asks if we can't try the raid, because he hadn't caught a weather boosted one yet. I tell him that I'm not sure we'll make it without his brother, but sure I'll try. Since my wife is along anyway, there's three of us. We beat the raid with some margin even, and my son and my wife both have a weather boosted Giratina now too.​I distinctly remember how frustrating it is to be short manned on raids, which is why the kids and I worked on our teams so we could 3-man raids, and it's a great feeling to be able to take people along and help them beat Legendary raids.So how's your raiding (or whatever you like most in the game, like quests) going? via /r/pokemongo http://bit.ly/2UZ7JUw
"So, how's raiding going for you? (or, how I helped out others and had a good time)" "So, how's raiding going for you? (or, how I helped out others and had a good time)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:54 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.