Ads Top

"I'll be that guy and say the prices on the in-game store are a bit of a yikes."


#PokemonGO: I dunno if it's consistent across all currencies, but in Brazil the price for 1200 pokecoins is R$37,90 which is, pardon my french, a fuckton of money.I get that the norm for mobile games is to make the core game free but then add an artificial grinding aspect so you can overcharge on the 'micro' transactions to bypass it (or as micro as it can be called when you can spent R$300+ on a single purchase), but come on.I can go into steam right now and buy Bayonetta for less than it takes to buy 1200 pokecoins. And 1200 pokecoins aren't even enough to buy one of the combos that are marked as a "SALE". There's really no excuse for this kind of predatory monetization.I fully expect someone to come here and just write 'don't like it don't buy it', so I'll just preemptively say, that is missing the point. The game is being purposefully and artificially stilted to make these purchases feel more tempting than they would be otherwise. The games are designed to be frustrating, not only for me, but for you as well, so you would even consider paying the price of a full game for 8 lucky eggs and 8 incenses. Things like limiting how many coins you can get through in-game means by day, or limiting access to certain 'mons so you "HAVE" to buy a raid pass before the event is over.I get it. Games need to make money. I'm not saying I like this kind of monethization, but I get it. However, if they are going to have this monetization method, and make the game more frustrating than needed so one feels compellet to pay, the least they could do is make the price affordable so the average player can buy into the non-frustration.That is all, feel free to rip me a new one now. via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2YLx4jo
"I'll be that guy and say the prices on the in-game store are a bit of a yikes." "I'll be that guy and say the prices on the in-game store are a bit of a yikes." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:53 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.