Ads Top

"My Hopes for a Gen 4 Remake"


Playing through Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu recently, I’m constantly noticing things these games did RIGHT. It shows that Pokémon still knows how to make a good game. Not to say these games are great, they still have PLENTY of issues (most notable being the lack of wild battles for grinding and the catch mechanics), but a lot of positive inclusions make the game fun. Building on this experience, I wanted to share my personal hopes for the eventual (hopefully) gen 4 remakes.1) The art style. I love the cartoonish style of Let’s Go. The colors are vibrant and exciting, and the cartoonish scenery makes it feel like a much more familiar game than SwSh.2) Mega Evolution. While I get that these games were technically part of Gen 7, which still featured mega evolution (instead of pretending they don’t exist like Gen 8), it was nice to play with some of them again. I’m hoping Game Freak can acknowledge that it’s a mechanic that many players liked and want to see return with new forms, so they’ll bring it back.3) Overworld Pokémon (including overworld shinies). I actually think Sword and Shield came really close on this one. I like how wild encounters can take the form of EITHER overworld or grass encounters, but I’m not a fan of how some Pokémon can ONLY be found in random grass, and I don’t like how wild shinies don’t show up in the overworld. Just make it so any Pokémon can be found either way, and it’ll be perfect.4) Same story (mostly). I liked how LGPE had almost an identical story to RBY, but wasn’t a fan of how they changed the characters. Just let us play as Red/Blue, and don’t worry about retconning everything. Same goes for playing as Lucas, Dawn and Barry. I don’t want cameos, I want to play as the characters.5) Postgame content. This is something Pokémon has REALLY been missing in recent installments. Not since ORAS or (maybe) USUM have we really gotten a comprehensive postgame, and even in ORAS it was just the Delta Episode and no battle frontier. I want a nice postgame quest like the fight area, and then the battle frontier. Platinum, just give me platinum please.6) A challenge. I get that Pokémon is made for younger kids who may not be able to “deal” with a challenge, but we all did back then. There’s nothing wrong with a little challenge. I want the original lv.66 garchomp back. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3ee87TO
"My Hopes for a Gen 4 Remake" "My Hopes for a Gen 4 Remake" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.