Ads Top

"Help, please - I'm being constantly targeted, bullied and harassed by a serial spoofer/botter."


#PokemonGO: Hi everybody, this is my first post here. Apologies in advance for the length of it.Basically I need help, but I'm not sure what the answer is. To cut an even longer story short I've been the subject of a 7 month long nonstop campaign of targeted harassment by a guy who has a seriously unhealthy vendetta against me which he carries out using 40+ spoof/bot accounts and a lot of coding.It's actually quite scary because he somehow knows who I am, where I live and where I work and puts accounts named after the company I work for in the gyms nearby at 9am to make a point. He recently went as far as creating an account named after my vehicle registration plate which he puts in gyms from where I live all the way to where I work, about a 3 mile distance. This implies he's come to my home or work to find out what my plate number is so he can name an account after it to put in gyms and try and scare me. I have a girlfriend who feels like her safety is now threatened by this clearly unhinged person. Clearly I am being stalked. He also knows my shift patterns because I times I put in gyms nearby.Since August 2020 every time I put in a gym within a 5 mile radius of my home, I will come back within seconds/minutes. This happens at all hours of the day and night and subsequently I have counted 80 gyms which I have been 'blocked' from. He is using coding to programme his bot accounts to scan every gym in the area for my account and then I am immediately battled out. It doesn't matter if my Pokemon is first in a gym or last, either my Pokemon gets shaved off or the gym is blanked.His latest tactic to bully me is reporting my trainer name, probably off all his accounts to make sure it's flagged to Niantic and forcing them to change it. So far I have lost my trainer name 'AnarchyintheSK' (a take on the song Anarchy In The UK and the area I live), '9inchtales' (a play on my favourite band Nine Inch Nails and Ninetales) and today 'marchoftepigs' (a take on the NIN song March of The Pigs and the Pokemon Tepig). Now I don't see anything wrong with any of these names, especially not the last one but if you know how to play the system you can make anything up to make it look offensive and Niantic comply. Those names don't break any guidelines in Niantic's Terms of Service.I had an email this morning saying I had offended too many times and now I'm stuck with 'T1616.......etc' because I've had too many trainer names reported and now I'm stuck with numbers.I don't know what to do. I'm not sure what can be done about this ridiculous situation I'm in. I've never met the guy, I don't know who he is and I don't know what I've done to upset him. I'm a serious level 44 player since July 2016, I don't spoof, I don't target players and I run one of the biggest Facebook PoGO groups in the UK. I don't know why me.I'm reaching out for help, has anyone seen anything like this before? What can I do?Is there anyone at Niantic I can contact to stop this happening? I've reported his accounts dozens of times which takes a while because he has so many. I've listed all the names of the accounts that he runs (that I know of) below. Niantic can't detect him because I suspect he's hiding behind a VPN.AnikiMuchi, JuicerinosReckful3000, DansGame900, WeirdCh4mp, WaGwanLam2, WaGwanLam, InternetJanny, Pugst3rs, BigLadRobson, PogOpol0m, OMEGALULTB, VanDarkh01m3, J3baited, Multivariate, SoMadLULW, ChocolateBeans4, UnpaidJanny, WonkyLineWork, NOIDONTTHINKS0, CP61BKOTL:DR - I'm being stalked/followed/harrassed by a spoofer who runs 40+ accounts and don't know how to end it. Niantic don't seem to care and allow him to continue which he does by blocking all my gyms and repeatedly reporting and changing my trainer name. Please help via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/3cZj0u3
"Help, please - I'm being constantly targeted, bullied and harassed by a serial spoofer/botter." "Help, please - I'm being constantly targeted, bullied and harassed by a serial spoofer/botter." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:58 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.