Ads Top

"I'm blind and here's my take on SW/SH."


I was one of the people who didn't buy the game at launch because of the National Dex, but I recently picked it up to cure the Pokemon ITCH until BD/SP come out. People rip on SW/SH for various reasons, the animation, the story, whatever, but I made this post entirely to talk about the sound design of the game.Being blind, I rely on sound entirely to play Pokemon. In past game, all I had was the bump sound to let me know if I was running into a wall or not. I'm glad Sword and Shield still have the bump sound, but there's so much more to the audio that I feel some of you may appreciate. First of all, I love that I'm able to adjust the different audio levels within the game. Obviously it's pretty lame that this was locked behind a random NPC, but with that aside, being able to turn down the music to hear more easily if I'm running into a wall is extremely useful.In a much broader sense, I believe the visuals have more work to be done on, based off of what others say, but the audio design of this game is amazing. I love being able to hear where all the Pokemon are on the overworld. They also make plenty of sound in order for me to know where they are and avoid them accordingly. In general, the more advanced Pokemon games have gotten and the more sounds they've added, the more accessible they are to me.Edit: Here's my Twitch in case anyone wants to see how I play, even though that wasn't the point of this post haha. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2QrgJjK
"I'm blind and here's my take on SW/SH." "I'm blind and here's my take on SW/SH." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:34 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.