Ads Top

"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 151: Shedinja"


I am coming up with at least 1 fake move that would be exclusive to 1 Pokémon or an evolutionary line of Pokémon. I am going in Pokédex order, and I will skip every Pokémon or evolutionary line that already has a Pokémon in it that has a signature move. Signature Z-moves or G-Max moves don't count. Also, I don't make moves for Pokémon to make them better in battle. While it may make them more usable, that is not my intent most of the time, I just make moves to give the Pokémon something they need, deserve or are said they can do, but aren't able to do with their current movesets.Shedinja's move is called Spirit Steal, a Special Ghost-Type move with 30% accuracy and 5 PP. It's a 1-Hit KO move.Shedinja's Pokédex entries talk about how looking into the hole in Shedinja's back will cause your soul to be absorbed by that Shedinja. So, I made that into a move. Credit to u/Justscrolling375 for giving me the idea. At first I wasn't that fond of the move since there are Pokémon without eyes, which thus can't see, which means they shouldn't logically be able to be affected by this move, and making these very few and specific Pokémon immune doesn't feel like it's something I should do. It didn't feel right. It still doesn't, so I just made blind Pokémon like Zubat and Panpour also affected by this move regardless.However, Normal-Type Pokémon are immune to this move, since every OHKO move has at least 1 type that isn't affected by it. Guillotine and Horn Drill can't hit Ghost-Type Pokémon, Sheer Cold can't hit Ice-Types, Fissure can't hit Flying-Type Pokémon, and even my own moves, Steelix's Crush Crash can't hit Steel-Type Pokémon and Gardevoir's Black Hole can't hit Dark-Types. The Normal-Type is immune to the Ghost-Type, hence Spirit Steal not being able to affect Normal-Type Pokémon.The move is performed by the user forcing the target to look into the hole in its back, which will allow it to absorb the target's spirit. However, getting the target to look at its back can be difficult, hence the low accuracy (or in this case, success rate) of the move. While the Pokédex entries don't state anything about returning the spirit to the body it was absorbed from, after the battle, or if the fainted Pokémon gets a Revive used on it, the fainted Pokémon will regain the spirit they lost because otherwise it'd be cruel and not really as family-friendly as Pokémon tends to want to be :/I'd love to hear feedback or questions about my ideas, and if you have any ideas for signature moves for Pokémon, I'd love to hear them, I might use the ideas (with your consent of course)! Even though this is a daily thing, or at least, I'll try to keep it daily, I don't think I'll be consistent with the time of day I post another idea. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3tFS60T
"Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 151: Shedinja" "Thinking of fake signature Pokémon moves, day 151: Shedinja" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.