Ads Top

"What would your real-life Pokemon team _actually_ feasibly be?"


I love theorycrafting and imagining about being a Gym Leader as much as the next guy (Flying, by the way), but I think one Pokemon's greatest strengths as a franchise is its potential for worldbuilding, beyond just the combat-focused main series. I mean, let's be real, taking care of a whole team of Pokemon is hard work, especially if it's a diverse team of six. The player character is implied to be some kind of prodigy, but most of us are not. We still play basketball and soccer recreationally even though we're not world class athletes, and sure, most of us have the capacity to be top-class if we grinded ourselves to the bone every single day, but most of us are okay with leaving it as a hobby. And I think that's okay! I've started falling in love with that comfy, slice-of-life worldbuilding.So what would you, average person with an average non-competitive-battling-centric day job, have as your Pokemon companions? Personally I see myself with a Porygon2 and a Metang, as they align with my real-life hobbies of programming and mathematics. I imagine I would have enough battle experience to not be pathetic, but nowhere near the skill level of anyone taking the sport seriously; Level 20s already seems rather ambitious to imagine.If I were rich, I might buy an aviary with a pet restored Archeops, purely indulgently, since Archeops is my favorite Pokemon. I can imagine spoiling and grooming it as a passion project, so it might be my one Pokemon in the early 40s, with a decent battling moveset. I'd splurge on an Acrobatics TM, for sure! But I'll probably survive even without Earthquake or U-Turn.How about you guys? I think this kind of restrained and realistic imagining makes things more fun! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3aNe3DP
"What would your real-life Pokemon team _actually_ feasibly be?" "What would your real-life Pokemon team _actually_ feasibly be?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.