Ads Top

"After playing Legends Arceus, I realize I want more games that deviate away from the Gym Challenge"


So I know this is a hot take and that gyms are a beloved part of the franchise but let me make it clear: I love the gyms. I love having a boss to face at the end of each section of the game.But we’ve seen it so many times, you know? And it was fun, for sure, but this is such a breath of fresh air. We still get battles via Noble and Alpha Pokemon, but this time - uninterrupted by a billion easy trainer battles. We can approach wild Pokémon and Alpha Pokémon as we please. Not to mention that these battles have been more satisfying as well!This is why I think Totem Pokémon in gen 7 were interesting. We had these bosses in the wild. While we still had wild Pokémon to fight, we had little puzzles that were different. It wasn’t perfect, but a great concept. I feel like Legends expands on this concept and uses it greatly - while shaking things up even more.And other than the battling aspect, I want more than just the same formula each game. I think that Legends (or whatever this potential side series could be called) can be something different. In Hisui, it’s about completing the PokéDex. In other potential games, we could see the original dragon in Unova or the war in Kalos.Heck, maybe it doesn’t even need to time travel each time! But I love the idea of exploring these open areas, whether it’s modern or in the past, with a goal other than becoming the champion and such. I’d love for it to make an appearance again, just not every time.The point of Legends Arceus is that it’s a whole new take on the franchise, and I hope they continue experimenting and refining! I love being out in nature and closer with Pokémon more than just battling a bunch of trainers, something many fans think is tedious anyway.Point is that I love this game and how different it is. I can’t wait for the next installment of the open area style of Pokémon. Until then, I’ll be exploring more of Hisui with Samurott! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/f1x8gO6RN
"After playing Legends Arceus, I realize I want more games that deviate away from the Gym Challenge" "After playing Legends Arceus, I realize I want more games that deviate away from the Gym Challenge" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.