Ads Top

"How are we nine generations in and theres still no skip tutorial option???"


So I decided to start playing through Pokemon: Scarlet again today, after not really touching it since release and oh my god I remember why I stop playing. The intro is so long it genuinely puts me off playing the rest of the game, I know it opens up after the tutorial but I should not have to wait for two hours, shifting through things I already know.It amazes me that the tutorial used to be five to ten minutes long in the earlier games, but now when more people are familiar with the franchise than ever, we still have to sit through the same dialouge of picking a starter, how to catch pokemon, what the pokedex is, what the gym challenge is, that our moves are super effective against certain types and the uneccasary pauses and long animations every ten steps.I just want to play the game and explore the world, but by the time I get to that point I'm so bored of the text boxes that I loose any interest in the actual game. I hope come gen 10 they either give us the option to skip the tutorial, condense it down to about five to ten minutes or allow us to somehow speed the game up however unlikely that actually is.​(Obvisoly this is just a little rant and I know it doesn't matter that much, but god if it isn't frustrating)Edit: Just relaunched the game as I had some extra time. My final time for completing the tutorial was at 1hr 27mins. That's utterly insane! To put it into context, last night I started a new playthrough of New Vegas and in that time I had already reached level 15 and almost completed one of the DLCs and in Generation 3 you could be halfway done with the story by that point, whilst I appreciate games have more content nowadays, it really shouldn't take this long to have a chance to enjoy them.Edit2: The day people understand what the word OPTION means, the world may start to heal via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/RtwFNgS
"How are we nine generations in and theres still no skip tutorial option???" "How are we nine generations in and theres still no skip tutorial option???" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.