Ads Top

"Probably the easiest way to get absolutely EVERYTHING in the GTS"


A few months ago, I decided to restart Pokemon X and Omega Ruby and to create a Living Dex in preparation for Sun&Moon. Now it's 2 days before Gen VII comes out and I'm nearly finished (91%). This was mostly possible because of the GTS, which got me around 300 different Pokemon, and I mean rare stuff.So what did I trade? To use GTS to the fullest, you need a Pokemon that is easy to obtain for you and very sought after by other players. The key word is Version Exclusive. But not just any version exclusive. In generation 6, there are 3 Pokemon you can only aquire in 1 of the 4 games respectively. They are Houndour/Houndoom in Pokemon X and Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar and Shellder/Cloyster in Pokemon Y. (I think Houndour is even better as you can't get that one from Friend Safari either, so if you don't have Pokemon X, the only way to get Houndour is to trade. What's more, Houndour and its evolution weren't available in White, White2 and Black2, so the chance that people couldn't transfer it from GenV was even bigger)Houndour can be caught on Route 10 at level 19-21, Pupitar can be caught in Terminus Cave at level 45-46. Combine that with a strong Pokemon that knows False Swipe, Poke Radar+Super Repels and Repeat Balls and fill your PC with valuable trade material in no time!At first I wasn't sure if Houndour was so sought after, but once I started putting it in the GTS, things got crazy. Most stuff I got after 1 hour waiting max (things like Scizor, Rhyperior, Magmortar, starter Pokemon, baby Pokemon etc.) but most of the time it was just around 15 minutes. Just for shits and giggles, I demanded the legendaries I couldn't acquire in X or OR - and it worked. I had to wait 4 days for Kyogre, but eventually it worked! (btw, Kyogre, Gliscor and Porygon-Z took the longest). In the end, I got every single Pokemon I demanded. I didn't expect to have that much success, but apparently many people are currently creating Living Dexes, I really have no other explanation why so many people needed a Houndour.Edit: Make sure to write the name of the Pokemon you want correctly! If you type Vanilish instead of Vanillish, you can wait till eternity and nothing will come. And writing Turdwig instead of Turtwig is downright tragic.2nd Edit: Thanks to /u/Jelidity for pointing out Shellder via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2f2pWtI
"Probably the easiest way to get absolutely EVERYTHING in the GTS" "Probably the easiest way to get absolutely EVERYTHING in the GTS" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.