Ads Top

"[Discussion] Just reached level 30: a bittersweet feeling."


#PokemonGO: TL;DR at the end.Hello fellow redditors, I want to share a thought about what having reached level 30 feels like to me. Of course I'm happy with all those free items, they'll be really helpful. I'm happy also because it's a very nice goal. But, what now?A bit of facts about my PoGo experience: I reached level 30 without putting much money on the game (around 25€, just for incubators), and I did only two mass evolutions with lucky eggs (my Pokemon storage limit is 250, I'm ok with it). At first, I also didn't play that much. Well, I started playing on the 6th of July, despite the game wasn't out yet in my country. In August, I just opened it and had a look around to see if something interesting spawned. I live in a little village, with 2 Pokestops and 2 gyms, 25 minutes away from a little town. My rarest Pokemons have been caught all in my village or other near villages (that's surprising! Among Pidgey and Rattata, I managed to find rare creatures. We all need patience and luck). I currently miss Lapras and the 3 10k babies. I have multiple Dragonite's, Snorlax's and Gyarados'. So, my situation is not bad at all. When I have to attend courses at uni, I don't walk that much, but since it's now time to study for the exams, I manage to walk more (during the evening) and I've now reached the 1000km milestone (actually, almost at 1200).So, what do I do now? Of course I want to complete my Pokedex, I want to collect money from gyms whem I can and I want to find rare Pokemon's though I may already have them. Just yesterday I ran for my 4th Snorlax, so it's not the will to play the game that lacks. It's the lack of reasons to go on and earn those crazy 18 million exp points (without spending real money ). Question: what are your thoughts on the exp system? Wouldn't it be better with more levels and less exp points required to reach the next level? I mean, instead of 40 (people around the world already are at level 40), they could have been like 100. Instead of a total 20 million exp points (otherwise things would not change), they could have been like 50 million. More motivation for those who already are at level 40, and more rewards for who reaches the next level (and more money for Niantic, people need those lucky egg$$$).TL;DR: aren't 40 levels a bit of a limit? What motivates level 40 players to keep playing, considering that Gen2 is not out yet? What are your thoughts?[for those nice guys who love being rude in the comments -last time I posted here, I asked a question and some kid replied "What is the question? Are you dumb?" when there clearly were both question and question mark..- well, I just want to hear other people's thoughts, we don't need insults or roasting. If you like those things, go on /r/roastme, thanks] via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2juUIdx
"[Discussion] Just reached level 30: a bittersweet feeling." "[Discussion] Just reached level 30: a bittersweet feeling." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:10 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.