Ads Top

"Pros and Cons of playing on a Small (Caribbean) Island"


#PokemonGO: Not sure if the Silph Road is aware of the game mechanics on small islands (I mean, I can only really speak for mine tbh), but I would love to maybe do some comparisons to continents and larger countries. So I hope people find this interesting, cause I really need something to do with myself while I play at this point, lol.Note the Island is 166 square miles. Pros: 1. We seem to be able to catch everything (outside of region specific). Some pokemon are rarer than others (Drowsy, machop, abra) but it's still very possible to complete your pokedex from just playing in a small area.We have been blessed with the Heracross Region (and obviously the Corsola region) and in fact, I live in a Heracross hotspot.Cons: 1. Few pokestops (~130) and only two half decent place to play near said pokestops. (a small stretch on the coast and the city center). No pokestops at any malls or anywhere where you can chill and lure and spin for a couple hours.Most of the time it's to hot / bright to play, and the these host spots are actually not the safest places to play because these areas are occupied by homeless / prostitutes.34 gyms. 10 of which are at remote locations. Meaning there are only 24 gyms that majority of players can access. (Me and my high level Mystic team will travel to these "north" gyms and stay in them for a few weeks before a group of valor players manage to get their act together and take us down, so it's kinda a Pro for me, lol.It's really better to drive and play because the island is so small, so you just hit a hotspot, catch what is there, and drive to the next hotspot, visiting known rare spawns along the way.ONE NEST. ONE. In the WHOLE island. It's the only park we have with pokestops at it, so I want to know if you think that that is why?Lack of biomes. I know generally biomes are hard to define, but other than actually finding water pokemon on the coast (but this does not stop every other type of pokemon spawning either), and my Heracross hotspot, (oh, as well as electric biome at certain parking lots) there are very few really defined biomes here. I'm wondering if that is because the island is so small and biomes overlap?As I said, I would like to compare playing here with playing in large countries. Mainly our spawn point situation, cause unfortunately Niantic don't seem to want to work with communities to improve their pokestop and gym situations (because I know my island very well and could create a great playing atmosphere based on their "historic" and "interesting place" guidelines they like to use for these features), so I'm only gunna focus on what I can "control". I feel like I had a good understanding of how spawns are working at the moment (i know they can last up to half an hour these days and don't have set times anymore) but if there is anymore information, i would be grateful for the help.EDIT: I forgot to say this is BarbadosEDIT 2: Also another note (i'll add this into the main post as well), is that bar unknown and the evo item evolutions, i've completed my dex (once I do my next mass evo that is. Waiting for Sunday to see if they give us anything other than party pikas, like double exp or stardust).Very underwhelmed by how easy that was. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2llIbea
"Pros and Cons of playing on a Small (Caribbean) Island" "Pros and Cons of playing on a Small (Caribbean) Island" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:50 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.