Ads Top

"Day 1 legit player, got suspended without signs of warning"


#PokemonGO: Hi. Only lurked reddit until now, hence the fresh account.Hoping to get more info on what could have caused it and what I can do to get the account back. Already followed Niantic's form for a dispute and sent two emails, but no response.Are there any folks from Niantic I could ping?Comments answers: Apparently because my reddit profile is too fresh I can’t answer comments directly:• 3rd party apps? I used to use PokeRater which came with a keyboard to give fancy nicknames. Basically just a preselection of all the characters that are allowed in nicknames.Occasional IV calculation purely via screenshots.• shared login? Never!TLDR:Day 1 legit player in huge city.Was moderately active in summer 2016, then only on and off.Borderline hardcore active again since May 2018, also got known in local community.Got suspended without signs of warning (see screenshot) on July 27th.No spoofing (the AR aspect is the only reason why Pkmn GO is the only mobile game I like), no third party clients, really no idea what went wrong. No warning screen, nor any soft or shadow ban before either.Disputed via form, sent two emails.No email from Niantic.Full story (in hopes that someone gets an idea as to why my account got a false positive):Started to play since first day Pkmn GO was available in Germany. Was moderately active in summer 2016 (daily I guess). I remember missing the first Halloween event, but got a Santa hat Pikachu from December 2016.When Lucky Pkmn went live I realized that I had no Pkmn left from 2017, so that would be my most inactive time, probably logging in for a few minutes per month between walks to the bus station.One of these occasions in April I noticed the 8 bit sprites. As I also made more room for recreational time, I got interesetd again. With Charmander CD around and learning that community days and other events are a thing now, I was completely hooked again. That was the first time I bought some in-game coins to get a special box, because I wanted a good kickstart into all those new things that were around.Occasionally I would buy coins to upgrade my storage spaces, as gym coins weren't enough for my new pace. Also got an original GO Plus in June.Between end of April and July 25th I went from level 24/25 to 35 without buying lucky eggs other than the ones from the April ultra box.I joined local communities on- and offline and research groups at Silph Road. I only engaged with other local players that also expressed no sympathy with illegitimate players like spoofers.My regular daily grind would consista) of a few hours rather passively having the app open while working in my home office that has a stop in reach (mostly, depending on the slight GPS drift), with my GO plus notifying me of a Pkmn in reach or when I could spin the stop againb) 1-3 hours (sometimes more) actively going outside after or in between work along some routes that have gyms and lots of stops on their way, usually within 2km from home.The day before I got suspended, I was on probably one of the heavier grinds. I got the whole day off. My local discord group managed to find two field researches I was craving (Dratini for a level 3 raid). I still got a Charmander research saved from the day before (evolve a fire-type). Low on fire-types to evolve and also craving Charmander candy I searched for two more of the researches to stack before evolving a Vulpix. I used my usual routes for finding them.With my researches cleared, I headed out for the reported Dratini researches. The first one I went by tram in the afternoon. I jumped on and off when I saw rare spawns, the highlights being a Nidoqueen (first one I saw in the wild) and a Beldum, which I both caught. The second one by train late in the evening. Both of them were not far away, still around in a radius of 2km.I saved the two Dratini-researches for the next day (July 27th), for which I had an EX raid pass (my second in total). I liked the idea of getting two dratinis by beating a Mewtwo. That was also the day I got my last Snorlax through the research breakthrough.After the EX raid (in which only known community members participated; we excluded a spoofer by using a private group), I went on to a rather quiet grind. That was the early afternoon.In the late afternoon I was walking through the city with a friend who isn't playing, near my home. I had the GO Plus on and occasionally looked for good field researches from the stops. I also like to complete the researches "Catch 10 Pokemon", "Catch 5 Pokemon with weather boost" or the ones where you get a Gastly for good throws; so when I got one of these, I would catch some Pkmn manually.The last thing I remember before the suspension screen suddenly appeared was a cluster spawn of Rattatas, Pidgeys, and a Pidgeotto (from what I was able to see, as the screen followed very quickly).My account was always linked to my Google account, which I have been using since around 2010. I am very cautious with permissions, password security and such.Since 2018 I only ever used the account with an up-to-date iPhone 7. The only time I tried running Pokemon GO on anything else was in June 2018, when I had a friend visiting me. His phone wasn't supporting Go, so I tried one of my older Android phones. It also wasn't supported because of the custom Rom it had for having a more recent version of Android (Cyanogen Mod). I don't remember if I was able to log in to my account with that before the notice about not supporting rooted phones went up.I only ever had this one account.So that's pretty much all the info that could remotely be relevant I could think of.I already disputed via Niantic's form minutes after the suspension happened and followed up with two emails in which I offered cooperation to clear out this false positive. Unfortunately I got no answers.I do support cracking down spoofers and the likes and I also do understand that false positives do happen with automated systems to manage large player bases. However, the prospect of being left alone with no answers from support when an account with so much effort put into, not knowing what the reason could be is very frustrating.Best,AlexUpdate (July 30th 23:00 CET)I got the generic answer that says the suspension will take 90 days :(“Hello,We take fairness seriously at Niantic. After a recent update, a lock has been placed on certain accounts that have been found to not be playing within our Terms of Service and the Trainer Guidelines. Your temporary suspension will be lifted within approximately 90 days.Best,Niantic Support”suspension screen via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/2v2cQUR
"Day 1 legit player, got suspended without signs of warning" "Day 1 legit player, got suspended without signs of warning" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:41 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.