Ads Top

"I finally completed my Generation 3 Living Pokedex, mythicals and all, and its still technically possible in 2020! (Info inside)"


Complete Living Emerald PokedexThe Generation 3 games have always been insanely intriguing and nostalgic to me. I started in generation 4 with Pearl back in 2007 but went back to play the GBA games on my DS Lite. I was always intrigued on how much mystery surrounded the event islands, event pokemon and missing Johto pokemon that seemed impossible to find.So when deciding which game to tacke this challenge in, I decided Emerald would feel the most satisfying. But I wasn't stopping at the regular mons, I needed to catch them all, mythicals included. So I needed to find a way to to this as legitimately as possible in 2020 (gameshark would just ruin the fun). So here's my journey for the hard to obtain ones in case anyone wants to do it.For the standard non mythicals and legendaries I simply used all resources available in Gen 3 to complete it as easy as possible. I mainly used Leaf Green for all the Kanto mons, Emerald for Hoenn and the Safari Zone Johto mons and XD Gaile of Darkness for the other Johto mons and some of the harder Kanto ones (Chansey, Taurus etc) along with Fire Red and Sapphire to mop up exclusives I missed.Now for the fun stuff. In order to obtain the event mons as legitimately as possible, I used a GBA Flash Cart to replicate the corresponding event roms ONLY when absolutely necessary. Very kind people over the years have uploaded roms of these event cartridges such as Mystery Mew, the Aurora Ticket and 20th Anniversary events. I used these roms and GBA wireless adapters to recreate distribution centers in my home essentially. NOTE: I did this only when absolutely necessary. These games are very old and using this method to gain these pokemon did not give me an unfair advantage over online game play or anything like that; it solely was the most legitimate method too have these long locked away events on my personal cartridge and fufill a childhood dream. If you find and use these roms to do the same as I did, please do not use the pokemon for anything other than personal use i.e. trading online in newer generations. With that said, here's how I managed the mythicals:Mew Obtained from the MYSTRY Event CartridgeHo-Oh Obtained from 100 Battle Win Streak in ColleseumLugia Obtained from purifying Shadow Lugia in XDCelebi Obtained from 10 ANNIV Event CartridgeJirachi Obtained from the US Pokemon Colleseum Bonus Disc for Game CubeDeoxys Obtained by distributing the Aurora Ticket from the event rom to my personal Leaf Green cartridge and catching on Birth Island.So that was my journey and many weeks later I finally have a living dex on my Emerald cartridge! I thought I'd share here so that people know its still technically possible to get it done in 2020. If anyone wants to attempt and needs help, I'd be happy to assist! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3chfLvM
"I finally completed my Generation 3 Living Pokedex, mythicals and all, and its still technically possible in 2020! (Info inside)" "I finally completed my Generation 3 Living Pokedex, mythicals and all, and its still technically possible in 2020! (Info inside)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:03 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.