Ads Top

"As a returning fan, I think Alola is my new favorite region"


I've spent the last couple of months playing Omega Ruby and Ultra Sun. I just want to say how much I loved the Alola region. My last Pokemon game was Diamond back in the day, though I have replayed Emerald a few times in the interim. Prior to this, Hoenn was definitely my favorite region as I consider Emerald to be my favorite Pokemon game.It just had so much life to it and I think the Hawaiian aesthetic really breathed a lot of character and energy into game. Some of the reasons I really enjoyed my time were:I just thought the whole resort vibe throughout the region made it feel a lot more relaxed and easygoing vibe which was also reflected in characters like Kukui and Hau.Overall, with some exceptions like Lusamine, I felt Alola boasted a really likable and grounded cast. The island kahunas and trial captains in particular didn't have the same over-the-top flair that we often get from Gym Leaders and Elite Four.Instead, they just felt regular folks who also happen to be trial captains and kahunas. It also made the whole region seem a lot more cohesive when you would see the different captains and kahunas interact with each other, in contrast to previous games where that is less common.That cohesiveness also made the story have a more of an impact especially when the Ultra Beasts attack the region and we get a glimpse of the kahunas standing up to them across the reigon. This again feels different than games like Emerald, where it feels like its just you and Steven trying to save the world from Groudon/Kyogre and nobody else seems to really care.I also really liked the idea of Kukui setting up the region's first Pokemon League. It felt really satisfying knowing that you were not just the reigning Champion, but also the first Champion. Not to mention the idea of title defense battles was something that the franchise has needed for years. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/36hnuu4
"As a returning fan, I think Alola is my new favorite region" "As a returning fan, I think Alola is my new favorite region" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.