Ads Top

"I have beaten a nuzlocke of pokemon emerald where I am only allowed to use pokemon with a BST of 450 or lower or detrimental abilities. After thirty seven hours I did it. I'll be making a YT video soon, but now, I need to rest."


Upvote if you want me to go all the way to the secret final superboss Steven Stone and his level 78 MetagrossWOW! That was a tough challenge. While I actually only lost four team members, most of that was just due to doing waaaaaaaaay too much grinding. I needed it though considering one of those died during the elite four, and going into the Champion fight without my resident hard hitter. If I hadn't done so much ev training Wallace would have probably wiped the floor with my five low BST pokemon that were all a couple of levels lower than his Milotic.Of my eight team members, I got Josh the Marshtomp first. No idea why I called him that, but I guess I just like the name Josh, and after several minutes of thinking I hadn't come up with anything better. Josh was also the first to die, right before the sixth gym to an extremely lucky Kecleon. TBH, that makes a lot of sense considering before than most of my pokemon had about the same base stats as the opponents, but at that point they were starting to catch up with me.Then I got Bouy the Azumarill, because the tail looks like a buoy. I later realized I misspelled its name and renamed it to BUUUUUUUOY just for fun. It didn't have Huge power, but it was a real tough Tank so I could switch it in if I needed to. It survived all the way to the end, and having a reliable team member to take hits was a bit reason I won in the first place.Speaking of big fat tanky pokemon, here comes Duke Kong the Slaking. Duke was weird. He started off completely and utterly useless. Slakoth is one of the single worst pokemon in the entire franchise. Once he evolved into Slaking, he could outspeed and one shot most things, but he tended to have quite a bit of trouble if he couldn't. A lot of pokemon tended to outspeed and confuse him, and if they did there was a very good chance he would just lose half his health while also not being able to do anything for a couple of turns. He also had a lot of trouble with any pokemon that knew protect. The AI is smarter than it looks. That being said, he was still a very good team member who survived to the end.I got my Swellow, Butter, right after that. Butter is just a cute bird name. She was my resident glass cannon, but due to having a nature that lowered attack she was more just Glass. She was real quick though (that nature also increased her speed), so if I knew the opponent was weak defensively she was great. Right at the end though, her fragility caught up to her. She was fighting Wallace's Ludicolo, a pokemon about her level. Despite being Poisoned, which activated Guts, a super effective STAB Fly left it with one HP, and it killed her with a single surf.After that I stopped catching pokemon for a while, since all of my encounters were going to evolve into a pokemon I couldn't use but were absurdly weak in the form they were in. But then I got Castform at the Weather Institute. I named her Lil' Bun just because it was cute. Lil' Bun was kind of the reverse of Duke, because she was kind of below average in most fights but in others she was absolutely crucial. For example, I didn't use her for almost any trainer fights unless they had water type pokemon, but against Tate and Liza, her tactically setting up a Rain Dance after killing Xatu allowed her and Buuuuuuuoy to team up with their super strong water moves and destroy their other pokemon. She survived all the way to the end, being an MVP in the seventh and eighth gym badges, the Glacia fight, and the Wallace fight.On the way to Fallarbor I actually avoided the Spinda encounter and found a Slugma instead, who I named Fast after MandJTV's Magcargo, since it was the only time I could remember Magcargo doing anything remotely interesting. It was probably the least used of my eight team members, since I couldn't use its fire typing for much, and it died before the eighth gym.Right after, On the way down the Jagged Pass I caught a Machop that I named Hawk Punch after the infamous Falcon Punch. She evolved into a Machoke who was my resident heavy hitter for a long time, but her poor special defense caught up to her and she died to a critical hit Ice Beam from a Glalie at almost full HP. It was a bad moment because not only had she just gotten us though Sidney without so much as a scratch, but there was also Wallace coming up and since I didn't have any grass moves on my team and only one electric type move I really just needed a pokemon who could hit like a truck.The final pokemon was Pillbug the Shelgon. I used a repel to ward off any other pokemon until I was ready, and then got into the deepest part of Meteor Falls. After about four dupes clause Golbats I got lucky and found a Bagon. There was about a 50% chance I was going to get a Solrock instead, which would have been OK, but not quite as good. I ev trained this thing like mad, maxing out its special attack and special defense stats by fighting literal hundreds of low level pokemon. It paid off, since I was able to use strong STAB dragon claws. Pillbug survived and although she wasn't around for long, she did well taking down Drake's Kingdra and several other strong pokemon in the elite four. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3hyDRrD
"I have beaten a nuzlocke of pokemon emerald where I am only allowed to use pokemon with a BST of 450 or lower or detrimental abilities. After thirty seven hours I did it. I'll be making a YT video soon, but now, I need to rest." "I have beaten a nuzlocke of pokemon emerald where I am only allowed to use pokemon with a BST of 450 or lower or detrimental abilities. After thirty seven hours I did it. I'll be making a YT video soon, but now, I need to rest." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 13:33 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.