Ads Top

"Optimal use of gym-defender coins"


#PokemonGO: Hello there, I'll be able to acquire ~4 gyms per day for quite a while now, so I will accumulate quite a bit of coins over the weeks. Now, since this sub is all about min-maxing: What is the consensus on what to buy with those?I have bought coins at the end of the game, and I have 6 lucky eggs and 8 lures, and 1 incense right now.Pokeballs are really not worth buying. They are incredibly expensive, and Pokeballs are abundant in my region.Incense might be worth it. Lucky egg might also be worth it.Lures, not so much. First of all I still have many of them, and I regret buying them - this game was not made for sitting around, but the lures pretty much force you to when you use them. You get much less from sitting on a lured PokeStop than from simply running around. Also, people in my area lure up every popular spot at night anyways.Incubator is also a cool thing, but then again I'm not sure how much it is worth it. I ran around 3km yesterday and the game only registered 1km, you guys know the drill. Egg hatching is the most enjoyable thing in this game for me but it is also unreliable and a very slow process. I don't know if its worth wasting an equivalent of incense + lucky egg for another incubator that will only get me 3 more (potentially good, but potentially awful) Pokemon over many days.Also, what about the upgrades? I'm a sucker for permanent upgrades, simply because you get something out of them forever. But are they even worth it? I always make candy out of almost every Pokemon, I rarely have more than one Pookemon from an evolution line, so I'm always significantly below 100 Pokemon. It's safe to say that I'll probably get nothing out of this thing even after Gen 2 hits, so there is no point to it for now.The other permanent upgrade gives you 50 more inventory space. Really, only 50? This might be worth it, but I'm unsure. I can get a lot of things at my university, so much so that I have to trash things. When I'm at my parents' place for a few days, I'll usually deplete my resources, but I'll still have about 50 balls in total and I have means of getting a quick Pokeball fix (by simply grabbing my mom's car and going for PokeStops).So, unless somebody tells me that the permanent upgrades are worth getting (I REALLY wish they were - I hate spending currency on usables), the two items worth buying are incense and lucky egg.How good is an incense, really? I heard that it should spawn one Pokemon a minute if youre running around fast enough, but given how inaccurate the distance detection is, I doubt I'd get much out of them. On the other hand, what's the point of lucky eggs? I mean I know you get to level faster, especially if you use the lucky egg before evolving a shitload of Pokemon. But I'm level 21 now, leveling became slower, even the most competitive players slowed down in their progress, and I like I am very competitive and don't need to rush through the levels anymore. And using a lucky egg also means less candy until you level up, so that might be an issue too. But still, I guess the eggs are worth getting simply for the chance of catching better Pokemon, at least until you hit level 30.What is the general consensus here? My guess is that you guys generally prefer the eggs to get higher faster for better CP Pokemon?I'm thinking the following: I'll get an item every 2 days, but I don't catch enough Pidgeys/Weedles/Ratatas to make the most out of a lucky egg every 2 days. So I guess I should alternate between Lucky Egg when I need it, and Incense when I don't?tl;dr: Lucky Egg or Incense? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2a50fTm
"Optimal use of gym-defender coins" "Optimal use of gym-defender coins" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:44 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.