Ads Top

""Feeding Grounds" - Nests that only occur at a certain time, but with consistency"


#PokemonGO: I thought this was well known but after some discussion it seems that this topic may warrant its own thread and further discussion.Please help me test/confirm the one below and/or submit other ones you know!!;tldr Feeding Grounds are "nests" that only occur during specific times of the day.A "feeding ground" would be a nest if it occurred 24/7, but it doesn't. These pokemon only come out (to feed? :P) at certain times. More specifically, I have found they only have a general window of time when they come out. There is usually 1 particular hour when they are exceptionally prevalent, though they are around throughout the feeding hours (the peak hour moves slightly day to day).EXPERIMENTAL TEST SITEI have experienced one specific feeding ground which happens to be the park across the street from my house where I play almost daily (LATE at night, from 1-5am usually) for the past ~2.5 weeks. I have been unable to play regularly this week due to surgery but I did get out one night (and caught a bunch of shellders instead of the seels I was used to :).LOCATIONBill Barber Park, Irvine, CAGPS COORDS: (33.688282, -117.82278)TIMEPEAK FEEDING HOUR 03:48AM (sometimes 02:48AM instead)FEEDING HOURS: 2-5AM (I have not tested past 5AM so I'm not sure when it ends, but I have tested before 2AM many times and they do NOT show up)Most spawns occur around xx:48 on the hour (I don't have exact times down but :48 is the critical one and 03:48AM seems to be the most robust spawn (5-6 spawn), but sometimes they spawn at 02:48 instead (in which case 03:48 only 2 or so will spawn).The rest of the window, there is usually 2-4 per hour.Other ThoughtsThese used to be Seels (before 08/20 rotations); they are now Shellders (after 08/20).I have a hunch I've noticed some of these spawns occur during the day too (maybe from 2-5PM?). I will start running scans during these hours to check.I often start playing (or at least scanning) around 10PM-12AM, so I've seen the time from 10PM-2AM (before the feeding hours begin) many times without these spawns being frequent.However, I go to sleep at 5AM, and around 4:48 there usually are a couple spawns. I'm not sure if this is the last set or how much longer they continue into the morning.SPECIFIC DATAI have started tracking specific data throughout the day (manually using a scanner). Will upload as soon as I have some worthwhile data points, but if anyone can help me automate this data collection or do it for me using the above GPS coords, that'd be really awesome.(It'd be great if there was a way to set my scanner to continuously scan the park 24/7 and make a DB of what it finds...I know this is possible but its beyond my technical capabilities). via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2bgc1eW
""Feeding Grounds" - Nests that only occur at a certain time, but with consistency" ""Feeding Grounds" - Nests that only occur at a certain time, but with consistency" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:29 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.