Ads Top

"Pokemon Go "lost" 15 million users so far -- why am I not even remotely concerned?"


#PokemonGO: I have recently been reviewing the data relevant to member retaining. For those who have busier lives than me and have not seen the data, it is a quick search away: Pokemon Go, at its peak, reached 45 million active, daily users; as of August 18th, the game lost approximately 15 million daily users.Of course, some sites naturally run with the doom and gloom but I am not really phased by these numbers. First and foremost, one could argue the comparison of this with non-AR games is a sort of invalid measurement. Whereas other games can be played anywhere at anytime, Pokemon Go requires a certain level of physical activity others do not. When measuring trends of daily activity, it makes sense this game could and will fluctuate extremely differently from non-AR games.Secondly, it makes sense there is a decrease. Naturally speaking, it is impractical believing there would not be a downtrend, but one could argue the reason for the downtrend has not been more substantial is because of new releases in other countries causing a less-than-dramatic decrease.Third, I also believe because new content is taking longer for release due to Niantic's change in security priority, I believe the events and new releases will see an increase. I do wonder about the winter implications in locations such as the East Coast, however.I just believe an AR game's "daily activity" may fluctuate entirely differently from non-AR Games and measuring "daily activity" may have an inherent bias. Note, I do believe a substantial downtrend exists using their methodology of daily users and do not refute such, but it just makes sense to me as to why this has occurred.What are your thoughts? I just want various opinions on the matter. Anyone look at these numbers and worry? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2bPy8uS
"Pokemon Go "lost" 15 million users so far -- why am I not even remotely concerned?" "Pokemon Go "lost" 15 million users so far -- why am I not even remotely concerned?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:34 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.