Ads Top

"Trainer Triangulator Tool for Android - Now on the Play Store in all countries!"


#PokemonGO: Tl;dr http://ift.tt/2aXhmKX 8-11-2016 21:35 EST: I attempted to debug the KitKat compatibility issues with no success. I'm sorry, KitKat users; I have failed you. I was also unable to get the UI to behave so that I could add a "Clear Map" button. The only methods currently available for clearing the map are to swap to landscape mode or to restart the app.I've sent some files to a couple of interested developers that are eager to work on the project. I'm hopeful that they'll take this project to its potential and make this thing, that started out as a tool for personal use, into something everyone (sorry iPhone users) in the community can enjoy.Speaking of iPhones, I'd like to find a dev team that can develop this into an iPhone app, or perhaps create a javascript web app available to all users similar to the web apps I found that inspired the project. Don't think you're being punished for being iPhone users. I haven't forgotten you.FOREWORD: This app was originally designed for personal use. Some friends liked it and I threw it onto the play store. With all the recent posts about triangulation methods, I decided to share the link with you guys.BEFORE YOU COMMENT:I know it’s primitive. It’s a bare-bones project. I developed it by the seat of the pants. I had never made an app before and had no idea what i was doing, or what i was getting myself into. If you would like to provide constructive criticism, please do so in the comments, but try to keep it constructive. Give me suggestions, recommendations, and other feedback, and I’ll try to develop the app further myself, or find someone who can.IF YOU’RE AN EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER AND WANT TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT:It’s open source. You can have it. You can take it in a new direction. You can likely do much more with the app than I can. I’m not a developer, I’m a mechanical engineer who grew up with Pokémon and wanted a solution for the current “Nearby/Sightings” system, so I made this simple project. It does what I want it to do, but it really isn’t designed with other users in mind. If you want to work with me, take the project over, or build on what I’ve done in your own app, please message me and we can discuss it.DOWN TO BUSINESS: Here’s how it works. You’ve seen the links on the front page recently about how to find a Pidgey (hot damn!) using the current tracking system, by triangulating its location. I’ve made this app that lets you place circles on a Google Maps background at your GPS location, or at a friend’s, based on when the Pokémon comes into or falls out of range in your “Nearby” box. As soon as it comes in or falls off, make a circle. Make another when you find a second spot, or if a friend finds a spot where it comes in or falls off some distance away (the further, the better) drop another circle with a marker. Look for where these two circles intersect. There will be two intersects, and the Pokemon is within approximately 15 meters of one of them, assuming you were walking at a normal pace when playing.I’ve made the app available in all countries, but the instructions are only in English. I tried to keep it as simple as possible for now, so hopefully all users will still be able to figure it out and utilize the tool. Don’t forget to comment with feedback, and if you catch a Snorlax, please don’t comment because I’ll downvote you. You can thank him for the app.Reference Links: http://ift.tt/2bbswgX: minor text fixes.DEBUG: For some users, location permissions for the app do not apply automatically. You should be able to fix this in Settings>Apps>TrackerTool by turning on location permissions.DEBUG: I developed the app on my Droid Turbo with Auto-rotate enabled. Some phones seem to experience issues if the screen rotation is locked in portrait, since the map is cleared on rotation to landscape. I will likely develop an update for this that will require the app to check user screen rotation settings. This fix is my #2 priorityEDIT: User feedback has revealed a bug related to permissions checks. The current release is not working on devices running KitKat(4.0-4.4), and permissions must be set manually on Marshmallow and Lollipop (5.0+). This fix will be my top priority this evening. [i failed] via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2b8s6nF
"Trainer Triangulator Tool for Android - Now on the Play Store in all countries!" "Trainer Triangulator Tool for Android - Now on the Play Store in all countries!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:48 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.