Ads Top

"LV 40: My declaration of ~13m xp in ~7 weeks. ~500 (more) miles, here I come!"


#PokemonGO: --Reserved for 7 weeks of updates: stay tuned--Hi all, Jimmy here, the xp challenge guy Source A Source B.Like most above level 30, and probably all above 34, the grind becomes ever so real - that at level 35 I am barely one third of the way to level 40.I've decided to make my next and maybe my last personal challenge: my intent to hit level 40 on Sunday, October 23rd, 2016.I did some simple calcs and looked at the math - I still have about 13.2 million xp left. The average player does not even have half a million xp total, and when they pull up that new speed calculator, they get a time of 3-10 years. Mine says 3 months. But I know I can do better (you can, too!).Thus, using my long-time honed rate of 50k xp/hr, I intend to up my weekly playtime to 40 hours a week, basically 4 weekdays of 5 hour play, and both weekends of 10 hour play. Note, these are just averages. I'll look forward to that day off. Of course, I'll still be working my full time job. FWIW, I cofounded a company called Vuevent while doing two degrees and I've been working 40+/week since I graduated.Since Niantic prevented me from doing a burst-y challenge (1m in 24 hours), I figure I can set my sights on a long term goal that keeps itself going.Thus, Monday, September 5th, I begin my journey. I will have until 11:59PM, October 23rd, to hit level 40. I am using the next few days as a buffer, but as of now, 2:51pm on September 1st, I am sitting on 6,874,003 total xp, with very few candy. I will essentially be using the next 3 days as buffer to get a head start (this is essentially making my challenge about 6% easier, so take that with a grain of salt).Since I'm sure there are feelings that this is my initiation of a race, let it be so - anyone who thinks they can beat my date, state your current xp and when you think you can hit 40.For full disclosure, my goal is to spend less than $1000 (for the rest, <$2k total) by playing at popular playtimes, using Jimmy's loop.Using 13m xp as a base, knowing I do 50k/hr, I should expect to walk 260 hours, amassing well over 500 miles. As I've been advocating a lot lately, and with no intention to walk now - I'll be using the free app Charity Miles "charity: water" to track my distance while playing, where you literally earn up to $0.25 for every mile walked. It's free and easy. Do it.I might even stream some, too. For those who didn't know, I opened up my own Twitch channel at http://ift.tt/2bXb5Bp - feel free to follow me there and/or check out my twitter for frequent updates or stream notifications. Note: I don't stream much, and I tend to get less xp on stream, but we'll see what happens!Of course, I'll be posting short term plans to the Austin, TX main Facebook page, and sharing any big weekend plans on the PGO ATX subreddit.I'll also try and post weekly updates on TSR showing my total xp, my total candies etc., so I know if I'll be able to make it.Physically, financially, and timely, this is going to be a massive challenge for me. I'm a very competitive person and you all know this just started as me trying to make a point on the internet (Hi, Reddit), but as time passes it becomes more personal, particularly with the weather, my physical durability, and my motivation to get out the door.Not everything is in my control, but that's not going to stop me! Let the race begin - of course, only legitimate players need put their creds in here if they're down to race.Bots got to 40 long ago, but this is our time, humans! Game on. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2bNGu5Z
"LV 40: My declaration of ~13m xp in ~7 weeks. ~500 (more) miles, here I come!" "LV 40: My declaration of ~13m xp in ~7 weeks. ~500 (more) miles, here I come!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.