Ads Top

"Pokemon GO (and/r/pokemongo) has kept me alive through the worst time of my life (sorry for the long post)"


#PokemonGO: Hey everyone. Sorry if this post is repetitive but I wanted to thank everyone here for their inadvertent help. Throwaway for sure.I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety for much of my adult life. This past summer I accepted my dream job in another city away from my 4 year long term girlfriend (whom I was in love with) and suddenly out of nowhere she dumped me for being so far away. Later I lost that job and asked her back by saying I would be willing to go back to her city. She said no. In one day I lost my dream job and the last chance at the girl I thought I would marry. I even had the ring picked out.Normally in my depressed state it's hard enough to literally get out of bed and brush my teeth and take a shower. But now I can get out of bed and check to see if there's a slowpoke nearby. Even if it gets me to walk 20 feet, that leads me to see something else (probably another one. I seriously get a million of them) and then I go for that which leads me on an adventure for several hours. Sometimes I even talk to other people! (As an aside, maybe I'm a slowpoke?)And honestly, you guys complaining about Niantic and defending Niantic and on and on keeps me involved in something. I don't ever contribute in the conversation but I feel like I'm a part of a community and can understand something that other people are doing. Even the dumbass memes that get refiltered over and over again are a reason for me to either laugh or moan out of complaint, but at least it's something.Anyways, thanks for your inadvertent help, and if anyone needs 100iv Slowbro or 7 once trading is implemented, come my way.TL;DR: I felt like I had no purpose but thanks to living on a Slowpoke nest and your shitposts, I'm still here, so thank you. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2dYltVu
"Pokemon GO (and/r/pokemongo) has kept me alive through the worst time of my life (sorry for the long post)" "Pokemon GO (and/r/pokemongo) has kept me alive through the worst time of my life (sorry for the long post)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:14 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.