Ads Top

"Wow Niantic, way to make my 5 and 9 year olds give up on all pomemon including cards!"


#PokemonGO: My boys, 5 and 9, have been collecting pokemon cards and toys for years. When the game came out they were so excited and we played all the time. We even spent about $80 to $100 a month on in game purchases. The tracker going away was the first time my kids were disappointed by pokemon but they soldiered on because they loved catching mons. I was having fun too.Now with no tracker it was more difficult to find thing as you all know. We missed out on a dragonite, snorlax, charmeleon and a bunch of others. My 5 year old was really upset about a wild charizard that we just couldn't find to the point of tears. At that moment I was like "Fuck you niantic". He wanted to know what happened to the tracker and I couldn't give him a good reason why it was gone. I then found a scanner thinking next time my kids will be having fun which is the point, right?So now we're back to where we were, enjoying the game. Then they start slowing down scanning rates so the kids aren't catching as many mons on car ride s. This time my 9 year old notices the change and doesn't like it. But he loves pokemon so he rolls with it.I noticed the next issue. Scanners are down and I learn this from the scanner site as I'm looking for a hitmonchan that I never ended up finding :( Seriously you spend all you time cracking down on 3rd party trackers while not putting one back in the game? "Fuck you niantic".Lucky for us we are armed with some good spawn points by now so we can still catch some mons. So we carry on.Last week I'm on my way to drop the kids off at school and my 5 year old is trying to catch mons but nothing is on the nearby. He's bummed. I jump on this sub again to find out what they broke this time. Yup kids can't catch mons in the car now (R.i.p. peaceful car rides with 2 boys :( ). So the next time we go for a ride my youngest asks to play and this is when I break the news about the game not finding mons if we're going to fast. He made a face as I looked in the rearview that puzzled me I hadn't seen it before. That's when he said "Fuck pomemon"! His eyes got wide when he realized what he said out loud. He was looking back at me in the mirror like he did something very wrong. He's heard me swear before (usually when in the garage) and I explained three a time and place for everything at the time. I smiled and said you know what your right "Fuck pokemon".Neither of my kids are even interested in pokemon anymore. Not the cards, not the toys, none of it. I haven't had to pick up a card in a week now.Way to go, now my kids hate all things pokemon.Sincerely Fuck you Niantic, A pissed off Dad via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2eAN6UM
"Wow Niantic, way to make my 5 and 9 year olds give up on all pomemon including cards!" "Wow Niantic, way to make my 5 and 9 year olds give up on all pomemon including cards!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:42 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.