Ads Top

"Catch rate in Let's Go is too low to make level grinding consistent"


I'm a decent amount into Let's Go, and while there are a lot of things that I'm enjoying about this game, the level grinding is really poorly done. I'm trying to level up some guys I transferred over from Pokemon Go, and it's been a drag. After defeating all the trainers in an area, the only way I can level them up is by catching pokemon. That would be fine if these pokemon weren't so quick to run, and if the motion controls could allow for more consistent throws.I've played a lot of Pokemon Go, and in that game, I catch a pokemon about 90% of the time. But in Let's Go, it's around 60%. The chance of a pokemon running is just too high. Also, after Celadon City, regular pokeballs are functionally useless for catching. All of the pokemon have too high of a level to give you a chance to catch them, and they often run away. That basically makes it necessary for you to use ultra balls and razz berries for every catch, or else you won't get any exp. If they run, you've just wasted a bunch of balls that you have to buy more of.I'm spending around 4 ultra balls per pokemon, which equates to 2,000 for each catch. I can only get about 14k dollars per day consistently, which means that I can catch 7 pokemon before I start losing money. I need to spend money to gain exp, something that isn't a feature in ANY OTHER pokemon game. Let's Go's catching mechanism needs to be tweaked. They could improve the catch rates for higher-level pokemon, make the chance of the pokemon to run to be less likely, or have more than just ace trainers give out great and ultra balls at the end of battles. Any one of those changes would make grinding less frustrating.I know that handheld mode is easier for catching, but I would really prefer to play on the big screen like it was meant to be played. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2EbABjz
"Catch rate in Let's Go is too low to make level grinding consistent" "Catch rate in Let's Go is too low to make level grinding consistent" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 12:02 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.