Ads Top

"Youngster medal & you"


#PokemonGO: All right, sports fans. I just got the notoriously aggravating Youngster gold medal about 30 minutes ago. I noticed some strange happenings with aggressively trying to round up all 300, and I wanted to try and see if I could sort out some of the mess.First of all: Level 31 & 2354 caught. Unless I got my math wrong. 7.84% chance of getting a legitimate XS RattataI found out that when you catch an XS Rattata, it may or may not count towards your medal. Surely the 'XS' bubble should be enough, right?Unfortunately, this is not true (at the moment). The best way to describe this phenomenon is by Venn Diagram. You have Rattatas that are legitimately 'XS'. You have Rattatas that are not 'XS', and in between you have a blend of Rattatas that get the 'XS' bubble, but DO NOT COUNT.I've been keeping track of these 'false XS' Rattatas around XS rat #245 to see how wide a margin there is for these, and it's kind of a big one. Here are the results:2.62 kg./.28m.2.61 kg./.26m.2.60 kg./.28m.2.60 kg./.26m.2.59 kg./.26m.2.59 kg./.24m.2.59 kg./.24m.2.58 kg./.31m.2.57 kg./.27m.2.57 kg./.25m.2.55 kg./.27m.2.55 kg./.25m.2.54 kg./.29m.2.53 kg./.27m.2.53 kg./.25m.2.52 kg./.27m.2.52 kg./.26m.2.51 kg./.29m.2.50 kg./.29m.2.50 kg./.27m.2.50 kg./.26m.2.50 kg./.26m.2.49 kg./.27m.2.48 kg./.30m.2.50 kg./.21m. (XS)2.47 kg./.23m.2.46 kg./.26m.2.44 kg./.24m.2.43 kg./.25m.2.43 kg./.23m.2.42 kg./.24m.To try and close the gap. The highest weight that gets as close to the 'top' of the false-XS Rattatas I have found was: 2.63 kg./.25m.On the other end of the spectrum, the closest I have come to at the 'bottom' of the false-XS pool is: 2.40 kg./.24m. I will note that 2.40 kg./24m. DID count towards the medal.And just for funsies, the lowest weight I have seen for true-XSs Rattatas is: 0.56 kg./.21m. (XS)I have heard rumors that an XS Rattata must also be under .25m. in order to count. This is false, as this little guy was lucky number 300, and measured at .28m. From the information I gathered, height is NOT a factor. Only weight that seems to be under 2.42 kg.I also tried to see if XS Rattatas were more abundant during day/night. Nothing conclusive.I tried to see if XSd Rattatas were more abundant in areas were larger numbers of Rattatas count be found. Nothing conclusive.I tried to see if using a certain ball mattered. Nothing conclusive.Unfortunately, I didn't jot down the CP of all the false-XS Rattatas....or the legitimate ones. But I didn't find anything conclusive with XS Rattatas and CP.Honestly, and I think that the Youngster medal NOT showing up after a successful XS Rattata capture supports this, but you honestly won't know if you have an XS Rattata until you see it stat screen after a capture. And with that, I don't think the programming knows either until the stat screen pops up. With me concluding that getting an XS is just a big random crapshoot with some false-positives thrown in for great benefit of great leader.I hope this helps some of you out. If you guys have any questions, I'll do the best I can to answer them.[EDIT] I DID initially have my math wrong.[EDIT #2] the Venn Diagram phenomenon also exists with Magkikapr and the Fisherman medal. I don't live in an area where Magikarp are plentiful. But I have these two to maybe help out a bit:FALSE 12.82 kg./1.03 m.TRUE 13.60 kg./1.04 m.[EDIT #3] Minor text fixes via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dANAOF
"Youngster medal & you" "Youngster medal & you" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 16:27 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.