Ads Top

"My glorious cluster spawn vacation beside Lake Tahoe"


#PokemonGO: I spent Thanksgiving weekend at a little cottage on the shore of Lake Tahoe located next to the only nearby PokeStop. This building was part of the Hyatt Regency hotel and came complete with a kitchenette (stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher). I was glad to get a room next to the PokeStop, as I knew I would be hard pressed to replenish my supply of balls and berries during the current Niantic event. What I did not expect was that this PokeStop had multiple nests and cluster spawns that seemingly drew from the whole Pokedex. It was like doing the rural incense trick, except it went on all day and all night. No lures or incense required. Needless to say, it was very hard to keep up with the demand. My supply of balls and berries dwindled fast, but at least spinning the PokeStop every five minutes helped me keep up. But essentially I was able to play all evening and early morning in the comfort of my room, while a snow storm brewed outside.My room was in the midst of a Nidoran nest (both sexes), so often there were two or three of those running around, including evolved forms (I caught a Nidoqueen this morning). There were more Nidoran-F spawns than Nidoran-M spawns overall. These Nidoran nests were superimposed on several other nests, the most prolific being Diglett and Rhyhorn. The PokeStop also drew lots of Meowth, Sandshrew, Geodude, Cubone, Gastly, Drowzee, Vulpix, Mankey, Oddish, Bellsprout, Eevee, Abra, Venonat, electrics like Voltorb, Pikachu, Magnemite, and Electabuzz, starters like Charmander and Bulbasaur, water types like Tentacool, Magikarp, Goldeen, Krabby, Horsea, Seel, Dratini, Staryu, Poliwag, Shellder, Vaporeon, fire types like Growlithe and Ponyta, fighting types like Machop, and fairy types like Jigglypuff and Clefairy. Omanyte spawned here throughout the day and I was able to capture 5. All of this at one PokeStop, without any lures.If anything was rare here, it was the commons. I saw very few Rattata and Pidgey here, maybe one every few hours. So I wasn't able to find any Ditto out here, while I found two back home in the Bay Area. Meanwhile it was Nidoran, Nidoran, Rhyhorn, Diglett, Nidoran, Nidoran, Ponyta, Poliwag, Nidoran, Geodude, Nidoran, Vulpix, Rhyhorn, Nidoran, etc. all day long. Ekans and Paras were the most frequent of the commons. I took screen captures throughout my stay to record the diversity of the wildlife. These give some idea of what can be found at this one single PokeStop:http://ift.tt/2grB16a any of you are planning a trip to Tahoe this winter, and you would like an interesting Pokemon grinding experience, and if you have the money (as this room isn't cheap), this is what you may find there. You would have to stay in rooms 160-163 to be close to the PokeStop, however. What I don't know is whether other hotels and resorts along the lake have similar spawn patterns. Perhaps it isn't unique to the Hyatt but one could have a similar experience elsewhere along the lake.How does a PokeStop like this fit in with what we know about nests and biome? I had the distinct impression that this PokeStop had a dozen or more nests packed right on top of each other, but maybe there is a better way of characterizing it.(NOTE: I have posted about this previously in comments in r/TheSilphRoad but since this isn't about game mechanics but an interesting experience I had, I thought I would make a full length post in r/pokemongo. But despite posting successfully it failed to appear in the new topics list, so no one can see it, so I'm posting it here instead). via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2grJrKC
"My glorious cluster spawn vacation beside Lake Tahoe" "My glorious cluster spawn vacation beside Lake Tahoe" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:10 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.