Ads Top

"My 7-year-old sees her Incineroar for the first time."


I've never posted a discussion here, but I follow the subreddit quite a bit. I had seen people's impressions of Incineroar when it was first revealed and had developed certain opinions of the pokemon myself. But I wondered how much reddit had influenced my opinion. I often wonder the same about, well, really anything I read about before I see/try it myself. The day Sun/Moon came out, my wife, myself, and two daughters all boot up the game and pick our starters, and my oldest picks Litten.  She doesn't browse reddit (obviously?). So she had never seen any of the the new ones. What an interesting experiment! I get to see her uninfluenced opinion of the new pokemon! She loved Litten and loved her Torracat. Part of me was a little worried; how much was this little girl going to love her burly pro-wrestler fire cat?I asked her, "Wouldn't it be cool if he got really big and strong?".She thought for a second and then emphatically stated, "Yeah! That would be cool!" Maybe I was corrupting the experiment a bit, but I was more concerned about her enjoying the game.  Today we were sitting on the couch and she was working her way through the electric trial when her Torracat hit level 34. After the battle I watched her face exclusively, eager to see her reaction. Her jaw dropped when she saw the screen and new her main pokemon was about to evolve."I'm so excited!" She said, shaking in her seat and smiling broadly.The shiny ball of light that was just previously Torracat flies up into the air and lands back down and, with a poof, reveals Incineroar.  Her mouth turns to an extremely exaggerated frown, eyebrows and forehead scrunched together, eyes wide-open."What the heck?" She exclaims. She stares at for a couple seconds, then erupts into laughter, rolling around on the couch saying "He looks so dumb!". For seven minutes.  When she was done, she seemed fine with her anthropomorphic buddy, continued to whoop the totem pokemon with it, and even pet him a bit in refresh (granted, the first thing she did was say "I'm gonna pet his butt!", started to rub his crotch, and I had to tell her to knock it off while failing to stifle laughter.)  Thanks for all the good reads and laughs over the years r/pokemon. I'm gonna head back to the shadows.  TD;DR: 7 year old girl sees her Torracat evolve to Incineroar for the first time, looks extremely confused and disturbed, and then literally rolls on floor laughing because it looked "dumb". via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2hUuBzt
"My 7-year-old sees her Incineroar for the first time." "My 7-year-old sees her Incineroar for the first time." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.