Ads Top

"Go+ Grinding Experiment: Simple Test of a Fixed Route"


#PokemonGO: TL;DRIf you walk about 50% faster with Go+ than you do while playing normally, you can get similar XP and Stardust on a per hour basis as you would by phone.IntroI've noticed that I can walk a lot faster when I play only with the Go+, since I don't have to weave through crowds of people while throwing great curve balls. I also tend to slow down when I find a cluster spawn, or if I don't want to miss a pokestop. Also, it rains a lot where I live, so often I just play with Go+ and leave my phone away. I wanted to know how much experience I was missing out on by playing only with the Go+.To do this, I walked my favourite grinding route (~4.5km round trip, 2.25km each way) using only the Go+, then tried it only using my phone. I was incubating all 9 eggs the whole time for both. I wanted to answer two questions:If I walk the exact same route, how much will I miss out on using the Go+?If I want to play for 2 hours, should I walk three laps with the Go+ or just two laps playing normally? Which is better?DataParameterGo+NormalDistance (km)4.14.2Time (mins)4260XP10,87517,980Pokestops35 out of 5958 out of 59Pokemon47 out of ??95 out of 97Stardust11,33917,109Eggs Hatched67ResultsParameterGo+NormalSpeed (km/hr)5.94.2XP/hr15,54017,980Pokestops/hr5058Pokemon/hr6795Stardust/hr16,19817,109DiscussionBeing able to walk faster with the Go+ means more encounters of Pokemon and Pokestops per hour. However, it misses a lot of catches, and also misses a lot of pokestops, so it's less efficient on a per distance basis.If you're just going to be walking the same route either way, Go+ is not very useful for grinding. Expect somewhere over 50% what you would normally get, depending how much faster you walk. If you take a bike or jog at just below the 10.5 km/hr limit, you may be able to maximize the Go+, but it will likely be at best a wash with normal grinding.However, if you're going to play for a set amount of time, Go+ may be very useful. Walking 6 km/hr with the Go+ is roughly equivalent to walking 4 km/hr when in a very dense area of pokemon/pokestops. Expect over 85% what you would normally get, simply by using the Go+!One last interesting thing is the changes in items. While using the Go+, I gained pokeballs over the trip, went up 40 great balls, and gained a few ultra balls. Playing normally, I still gained pokeballs, but I went down about 10 great balls. This means the Go+ was more pokeball efficient than playing normally.ConclusionUsing Go+ can be useful for grinding if you can travel closer to the 10.5 km/hr speed limit than you normally would. However, it is only useful on a per hour basis, as it is less efficient measured by distance.Future WorkI'd like to hear if you have ideas for a similar experiment with the Go+. There are a lot of possibilities, so I thought I would start with a simple test! Let me know what you think. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2jt95mM
"Go+ Grinding Experiment: Simple Test of a Fixed Route" "Go+ Grinding Experiment: Simple Test of a Fixed Route" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.