Ads Top

"Is it wrong to take gyms just to mess with people?"


#PokemonGO: Yesterday I was in the middle of a gym run in my town where gyms often last 2-4 hours, depending on the time of day. I had just finished taking out my third gym when I saw someone had taken out the first gym. I doubled back to discover that our resident highest level player was also on a run and seemed to be reclaiming everything I had taken. This doesn't often happen here at that time of day, but it is what it is.After taking back a gym or two of his myself, I decided to cash in my 80 coins for the day as sufficient. I had some stable gyms elsewhere and I wasn't going to hold more than two at a time in my town with this guy going around.His particular team has a slight edge in my town, so I'm annoyed by the existence of their team in general. But I was also annoyed that he was taking down everything I had put up. I had a bit of time and revives/potions to waste, so I decided to follow him around for a bit killing everything he put in, even though I wasn't going to collect any coins for it, and fully expect him to beat all my gyms again each time.The part that really cracked me up was that he was putting high CP 'mon everywhere, and I was basically just tossing out evolution trash. In the first three gyms, I had added a Primeape, a Venomoth and a Parasect, all around 1200-1500CP. As I went around retaking the gyms, I kept putting the same type of Pokemon back in each one. I didn't heal anything, mind you - when one would die I just transferred it - but I had enough of the same ones to keep a theme going. I kept putting Primeape in gym 1, Venomoth in gym 2 and Parasect in gym 3. I know what this guy's car looks like due to seeing him take a gym a few days ago, so I was able to drive through town and see where he was, but never let him see me when I was taking down his gym.After half an hour or so of this I had to go to work, but I left smiling and hoping I had frustrated my nemesis. I especially hope the weird Pokemon I left messed with his head a bit. I may be a bad person. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2iE7vtW
"Is it wrong to take gyms just to mess with people?" "Is it wrong to take gyms just to mess with people?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 07:49 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.