Ads Top

"Question on Gym Etiquette"


#PokemonGO: How long do you wait before taking an open gym slot that someone else opened?Context: So there's this gym in my city that's consistently lvl 10 (it's attached to some apartments and I assume there are a few players living there maintaining it). I saw it get bumped down to 48k, so I rushed over to boost it up and claim a slot. As I was walking over (it's about 3 blocks away), I saw someone boosting it up, and by the time I got there, it was at 49.9k. I know there are people actively managing the gym, and I've heard a few reports on here that people will prestige a gym till almost the next level so that players have to earn their spot, so I waited about 2 minutes, saw that no one was starting another battle, so I brought the gym to lvl 10 and placed my (second) highest CP poke (my highest is currently in another gym).The issue is, there's no way to tell if I just effectively sniped a spot from a fellow teammate, or if players maintaining the gym were just managing it for a player to come by and claim a spot. What do you think?EDIT: Thanks for the responses; most players seem to be saying that, unless there's someone playing nearby that you can ask (I didn't see anyone), if you wait a few minutes and see no activity, you're probably good to go. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dqBdlX
"Question on Gym Etiquette" "Question on Gym Etiquette" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:57 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.