Ads Top

"Niantic needs to ACTUALLY combat spoofers. They take the fun out of the game."


#PokemonGO: So I've been playing this game for many months. Ever since it launched in my country. I'm level 33, and have spent lots of time and money on this game. Hell, I've even organized a band of players on my team who help me take down gyms. Real nice people. But the past weekend my game came to an end.Mystic, my team's rival in the area, used to play mostly fair. Sure there were some spoofers here and there, but for the most part I've seen them driving around taking down my gyms.I'm PERFECTLY fine with that.Playing fair is completely good. We all have to move around, drive to the gym, sometimes stand in the cold and snow to take the gym down. And that's how it was for the past months. But now this is different. All the level 10 gyms me and my group worked hard for were falling to an invisible force. I stood there in the snow, watching my gym fall. Fall to a lazy piece of shit who felt like since they couldn't win against my group of yellow (they had tried many times but to no success) they should just cheat and get what they want. The end justifies the means I guess.Not only that, but this spoofer is SPECIFICALLY targeting gyms with me and my group in them. A local gym nearby is CONSTANTLY being spoofed down to 1000 prestige and left to rot, but once I gave up and left a red player in there, it's sat for over 3 days. Same goes for multiple local gyms. They have a hatred for me and my fellow teammates. And, as I learned this week, will do anything to win.The problem is, there is nothing I can do to combat this. I'm helpless to these lazy and selfish people stealing fun from the game I once enjoyed. Most of the time, the spoofer(s) leave the gym neutral (to help cover themselves from being reported. cowards.), and when they do, there's nothing I can change even by reporting them, since Niantic doesn't care enough to look at all the reports and ban somebody. They might as well remove the report function if they don't actively try to stop unfair play.tldr game was great, having fun, meeting people, other team decides that we're too hard to take down, targets my group's gyms. stops being fun now that it's impossible due to spoofing, and there's nothing we can do about it. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2iYwOuy
"Niantic needs to ACTUALLY combat spoofers. They take the fun out of the game." "Niantic needs to ACTUALLY combat spoofers. They take the fun out of the game." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.