Ads Top

"[STORY] A charizard 8 years in the making"


#PokemonGO: TL;DR Exactly 8 years after my 10th birthday i finally got my wish and my favourite Pokemon of all timeSo let me start this off by saying that the first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon FireRed on my GBA when I was 7. I fell in love with charizard the second I saw him on the title screen. In every one of my FireRed playthroughs (I've played the game at least 5 times) I tried to get one as soon as i possibly could, just because i loved having one on my team.Fast forward 3 years, and I was approaching my 10th birthday. At this point I was obsessed with the idea that, in the Pokemon world, when you turn 10 was when youd get your first Pokemon and begin your journey. Obviously, I had a Pokemon themed birthday party with a big charizard cake, but shortly after, my gameboy broke and I sort of drifted away from Pokemon for some years.That brings us to today, my 18th birthday. Recently I have picked up on the games and anime again and when PoGo was released in June I was psyched, because finally I'd have the chance to have a charizard in real life. However, I live in somewhat of a suburb of Hong Kong (it'd still be considered urban af by people from actual suburbs) and the charmander spawns were basically nonexistent. Now, after the event, I can proudly say that I had enough candy to get this BAMF and even though he doesn't have the best IVs and has dragon claw, this is the best birthday present I have ever received because the 10 year old in me is finally happy.I guess all I have left to say is thanks for reading my story and sharing in my childhood!EDIT: i just hatched my very first hitmonchan too! Oh wondrous day! via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2jl3gUB
"[STORY] A charizard 8 years in the making" "[STORY] A charizard 8 years in the making" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:35 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.