Ads Top

"Why Niantics revenue has finally struck a nerve and made my head explode."


#PokemonGO: I'm a day one player. I play frequently but not much per day, and I'm either level 26 or a half loaded turquoise circle, normally the latter. I'm not a fanboy, Niantic has always been regarded in my household as a bit ridiculous but the game is decent and me and my fiancée and best mate play it religiously.Niantic gained $950 in revenue. Post-Brexit, in pound coins which is a currency I understand that's £58 billion. I'm now beyond an explanation as to where that money is going.John Hanke could release a million dollar update a day and still have enough money to buy his whole neighborhood a sports car and a house. Instead we wait a month for a GPS fix. Did he buy us each our own satellite?Here's what 950 million got us in six months.4 or 5 new phone sized wallpapers. 1 ass reduction. 1 pokemon to not be in a list of 300 and be on a different corner of the screen earning candy. 1 small shoe inexplicably above an egg. 1 slightly shorter evolution screen. 2,800 ghastly for a week. 2 weeks of spending money on a gift-wrapped bunch of already available items. 5 warnings to tell me not to play whilst commanding a tank or zip wiring down an electric pylon. -3 footsteps. Triggered. 13,000 miles to drink liquefied sugar for £27 a cup in Starbucks. 7 new copy and pasted sprites from a gameboy game. -12 piles of leaves springing up in no relation to anything. 6 announcement notifications 3 days into an event. Purple bars instead of blue just to mess with the colour blind. The list goes on. Or rather it doesn't because you get the idea.Why did Pokemon Blue, a game consisting of 17 pixels, 4 colours and the memory size of an electric toothbrush have more items, more depth, more interactivity? Why can one man developers create apps to communicate, track and display Pokemon with a better interface and more updates? Why is there not a simple spoofer banning system in place? Why is the battling system just MORE CP IS GOOD with no diversity for move types and Pokemon types?It's 2017 and my giant fish can bite a ghost to death.I'm not suddenly against Niantic, I've never been with them but they've created the game that's made me very happy and allowed me and my partner to go exploring, but it seems a tad bizarre that this money pot of a game is so far behind on so many levels. Right now I can open the game and see a sea of green, a few tiny sprites in a corner and nothing else. Menus are bland, depth is non existent, and I can catch a Karp at a beach and it'll load the same background as catching a fifty foot rock snake.Except I can't load the game and see that, because it's normally Niantic balloon, fireworks, turquoise half loaded blobs and nothing more. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2iGVTGk
"Why Niantics revenue has finally struck a nerve and made my head explode." "Why Niantics revenue has finally struck a nerve and made my head explode." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:12 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.