Ads Top

"[Story] Thank You, PoGo"


#PokemonGO: I started playing a week after PokemonGo came out. I had no initial desire, but I was bored at work and Reddit can only get you so far. So I downloaded the game, caught my starter (Squirtle, of course) and the rest is history. I've been playing faithfully, everyday, since then. As much as I loved PoGo, though, my dog loved it even more. All of a sudden we were going on so many more walks and exploring new parts of the neighborhood. He loved going through the nature trail, where there were squirrels aplenty to bark at while I caught pidgeys and weedles. He was there for all of the big moments - when I caught my first Magmar, when I hatched my first Snorlax, when we were out enjoying every event. He came with me to, at first begrudgingly, explore Gen2. He waited impatiently every time I made him stop walking so I could concentrate on catching a particularly hard mon. He was there for it all. But now he's gone. And I can't bring myself to even look at the game, let alone go out and play it. How can I walk around, trying to catch them all, without my trusty companion by my side? So thank you, PokemonGo. Maybe one day I'll play again, when the wound is less fresh. For now I just want to thank the game and the community for bringing joy to my dog's life and letting us bond even further. People complain about this game so much, but it was always there for what it was intended - getting out and connecting with others. Even if that other was just a dog. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2mcr53k
"[Story] Thank You, PoGo" "[Story] Thank You, PoGo" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:39 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.