Ads Top

"Trading will ruin this game"


#PokemonGO: Before I get crucified with hate, please hear me out.John Hanke just announced that trading will be coming soon to pokemon go. While most users seem to rejoice at this announcement, I find myself overwhelmingly disappointed.I fully understand that trading has always been a core part of pokemon since day 1 and I know that most users were upset that it wasn't in PoGo at launch and I, at that time, was one of them. However, the more and more I played this game, the more thankful I became that trading wasn't in the game.Like everyone else, my main objective was completing the pokedex and as I start to fill my dex up and pass my 100 registered marker, I realized how much fun I had putting all this time into this game and started to think about "what if" trading had been there at launch. Honestly, I would've played this game about half as much as I actually did. Most of those fun nights I spent hunting with friends would've never happened because simply trading pokemon with each other would've resulted in my pokedex completion within a month or two.The entire purpose of this game was, and still is, to encourage us to get out of our houses, hunt down these pokemon, and complete our pokedexes all while getting healthy exercise in. This game was never meant for us to lounge around, waiting for our friends to catch something rare, then just trade and trade back to fill that pokedex spot.There will be no more friendly competition because you and your friends will essentially just exchange pokedexes.I really hope more of you understand how severe this will impact the longevity of the game and how much it will hinder the challenge we have in completing the dex. This game will become far too easy and it's original purpose will be obsolete.TLDR; Trading pokemon will take all the fun out of completing the pokedex ourselves and will severely impact the longevity of the game. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2lIN6G5
"Trading will ruin this game" "Trading will ruin this game" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:25 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.