Ads Top

"Emerald battle tower infuriating me, share with me your most infuriating battle frontier/tower/maison/resort stories Reddit."


I am so fucking done with this place, I've bred and ev trained and leveled like 10 pokemon specifically for the frontier and I'm sitting on 3 gold symbols and the rest silver. The tower is the bane of my fucking existence. No matter what team you bring, guaranteed every 2 matches at least the opponent will have an exact counter-team. You need to win 70 matches in a row to even GET to the brain, and the last 20 or so are down to luck no matter how good you are. The AI uses better and better pokemon as the streaks go up and end up spamming legendaries but if nothing, not even specific as fuck counter teams, break your run, the AI just says fuck it and throws like 5 trainers in a row at you with bs tactics like rest sleep talk and two OHKO moves or quick claw OHKO moves or pokemon that set up one double team and dodge like 9 moves in a row. You know, those tactics that fail 90% of the time but when you get put up against them like 20 times they eventually get super lucky and fuck you over.For example, I went up against a sailor trainer, first pokemon was a crawdaunt. First turn he quick claws and guillotines my heracross. I manage to take him out with a superpower from my regirock. His next pokemon is a whiscash, which proceeds to immediately spam fissure. I switch to regice and after missing 2 consecutive fissures he switches into his last pokemon. A kingler which, guess what? proceeds to spam guillotine. I take out the kingler with a thunderbolt from regice but then whiscash lands 2 consecutive fissures and ends my run at 44. Three totally mediocre pokemon destroy my much stronger team with sheer dumb luck, it's beyond infuriating. I've been fucked over by insane RNG more times than I can count. Examples include: OHKO moves landing 50% of the time or more, being critted 4 times in a row (a 1/164 chance of happening), hitting myself in confusion 4 times in a row and THEN missing rock slide twice in a row. Being frozen by an ice beam, having my lum berry cure it, and then being frozen again the very next turn. I could go on but I'm getting angry even just typing it out.The worst part isn't even losing your 40 or 50 streak and having to start all over again though, no. Want to know what the worst part is? The worst part is having to wade through the legions of incompetent fuckups the battle frontier is overrun with at low streaks. The hundreds of trainers who made the trek all the way out to the frontier, did all the preparation and study and finally settled on a team of remoraid, sunkern and feebas. That's not even the bad part though, while many pokemon at high streaks are designed to fuck you over with RNG, pokemon at low streaks are just designed to WASTE YOUR FUCKING TIME. I mean the makuhita that uses fake out and then just spams detect until it dies, the countless protect spammers, the endurers, the focus bands, the stantler that uses thunder wave then confuse ray and then spams extrasensory and stomp while holding a kings rock. The list just goes on and on and on and if you don't believe me CHECK: http://ift.tt/2o5L8EO there is a link to all the battle frontier pokemons sets in emerald (super useful site btw).Share in my pain reddit, tell me stories of your woes in pokemons battle facilities or just in pokemon in general, I want to hear all the anger and all the hurt, share it with me. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2nchj0p
"Emerald battle tower infuriating me, share with me your most infuriating battle frontier/tower/maison/resort stories Reddit." "Emerald battle tower infuriating me, share with me your most infuriating battle frontier/tower/maison/resort stories Reddit." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:53 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.