Ads Top

"PGO has made me realise how many pointless gen 2 mons there are"


#PokemonGO: Don't get me wrong, I was 12 when Gold & Silver came out and they're almost as close to my heart as Red & Blue, but looking at it now, gen 2 seems to have a hell of a lot of duds.Just off the top of my head, Aipom, Stantler, Girafarig, Qwilfish, Murkrow, Dunsparce, Gligar, Sudowoodo, Mantine, Corsola, Delibird (when he shows up)...All mediocre or outright terrible stats, no evolution this gen (and many never get one) and just generally... meh.Obviously all Pokémon gens have their share of guys that are not especially useful (Lickitung, Farefetch'd, Porygon etc) but gen 2 seems like it might win the prize. I listed 11 off the top of my head, making up more than 10% of the entire Johto dex.I never really felt like this playing the main games because I was busy training my team and doing other stuff, but PGO's mechanics make it very noticeable. Once you've got one of these duds, there's no reason to ever catch another. I'm still catching the odd Murkrow for the dark medal, but I've ignored every Aipom since my first.Not so much a complaint here as a sort of belated realisation I guess. Anyone had a similar feeling? via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2mEdvWw
"PGO has made me realise how many pointless gen 2 mons there are" "PGO has made me realise how many pointless gen 2 mons there are" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.