Ads Top

"[Story] The Uber Driver"


#PokemonGO: This morning, I had to call for an Uber to get a ride back home. Normally, I take the bus and I missed it. The next one on route doesn't show up for another 20 minutes, so I looked at Uber's map and saw some drivers on the GPS nearby.I call one and he arrives within a few minutes, I get in and say hi and thanks. We start driving and after about 10 minutes in total silence, he pulls over and into a sort of roundabout just off the main road.He gets out and naturally, I am worried, but he starts throwing his hands up in the air and came stomping back to the car. Slamming the door and sitting back down, he apologizes profusely and I say no problem. He tells me it was a Poke Gym and it wasn't taken by anyone. We were off the main road at 5:24 am before the sun was even up fully and nobody claimed it, still pitch black out. So, he wanted to claim it, but someone sniped him and it was likely what appeared to be construction workers placing some cones on the opposite side of this roundabout, with a sign in the middle which was the Gym.Another 5 or 6 minutes pass and I get to where I was going I say thanks. He smiles and stays in his car, fiddling with his phone for a moment. I turn back and say take care and wave, just before raising my volume on my phone so my Pokemon Go app music could be heard clear as a bell. I could see the smile wipe away instantly after he turned his head back, start the car and drive off. The fury was almost palpable and I could sense he wasn't at all happy about losing that Gym to someone in the dead of night, off the main road.It was me who sniped him when he was making the turn into the roundabout. I had my game on the entire time while I was sitting in the back seat. Poor Fella. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2qjAsjC
"[Story] The Uber Driver" "[Story] The Uber Driver" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:43 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.