Ads Top

"[Complaint] I just stood out in a storm to prestige a gym from Level 9 to Level 10... and got sniped by a spoofer."


#PokemonGO: Well, i've just about had it with the gym component of PoGo. There was a fairly decent storm rolling through this morning, and I decided to use this as an excuse to head out to a gym that I knew no one would be at which was level 9, and 8000 prestige from level 10. Note that this gym is on a bridge over a lake, so there was absolutely no one around besides myself and it was plain as day to see that.It was a complete pain in the ass to train, but eventually i get it to 50k prestige. I heal the pokemon that I go to put down in the gym (my 3000cp Gyarados), and... there are no open slots. Then I see that there is a new person topping the gym. I don't think I'm allowed to post usernames here, but it was a random assortment of letters and numbers, level 40 trainer (I've barely seen level 40 trainers here), and the pokemon was a 3500 dragonite.I've never seen this person before, and I have NO idea how they so quickly placed the pokemon... it must have been at most 1 minute after it reached 50k prestige that i noticed him on the gym. As you can imagine, I'm livid.I'm also confused - Are spoofers waiting around at gyms for them to be trained up? And no, I had no one helping me prestige it, so literally this spoofer just sniped the spot with no help provided.I reported the username to Niantic, but in the past this has been totally fruitless - several spoofers who are bragging on our Facebook group about their spoofing are still on every level 10 gym in town in spite of dozens of individual reports from different legitimate trainers.Can anything be done to prevent this? I'm at my wits end. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2rGxqpt
"[Complaint] I just stood out in a storm to prestige a gym from Level 9 to Level 10... and got sniped by a spoofer." "[Complaint] I just stood out in a storm to prestige a gym from Level 9 to Level 10... and got sniped by a spoofer." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:50 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.