"Event appreciation"

#PokemonGO: I know the event isn't over yet, and it certainly had its hiccups (soft bans, grass types not spawning in certain biomes) but I think this is an important event.This is the first "weekend" event as far as I can remember. They made it clear that this event would begin on Friday and end on Monday. There wouldn't be any crazy deals or double XP or stardust or anything like that, but lures would last 6 hours (the best perk IMO) and grass types would spawn more frequently.I live on a small campus (2500 students in a rural part of upstate NY) and we have 8 pokestops in total spread across campus. Since the event has started, at least 2 have been lured constantly (except for at night). I've seen people out playing even in shitty weather. I've personally caught both of the grass starters 3rd evolution forms (one on a lure and one normal spawn). My friends who hadn't had many grass type candy before this event have been going crazy with all the spawns.It's okay that it's just for the weekend. A short burst of lots of playing is a great way to bring players back to the game and keep them playing.I also think that 6 hour lures are the best perk they've ever given us in events for several reasons. 1, 30 minute lures are too short. That's what, 6 pokemon for 100 coins? Not worth it. 2, Lures encourage socializing because everyone benefits from them and they're isolated in one spot, so it brings people together. 3, niantic benefits from the increased lure sales. Niantic needs to benefit too, and selling more pokecoins is sure to happen during an event like this.So basically, I want to show my appreciation for this little event. It's not the biggest or best event, but it's perfect for a weekend. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2qQyAz5
"Event appreciation"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
21:29
Rating:


No comments