Ads Top

"PoGo+ behavior far inferior on Android as compared to iOS"


#PokemonGO: It isn't often that people switch platforms (from Android to iOS or vice versa) so I thought I'd share my PoGo+ experience after having recently switched from an iPhone 6 to a Galaxy S8.On my way to work there is a five block section of road that has scattered along it 16 stops. The speed limit is 20mph. I have my PoGo+ rubber banded to my steering wheel and simply push the button as soon as I feel the vibration.When I was using my iPhone 6 I could successfully spin 14-16 of the stops. One corner with three stops would often trip it up and I'd spin at least one of the stops unsuccessfully.When using my Galaxy S8 I may drive that stretch and spin 1-4 stops total. They will often not even register (even when I'm stopped at a light with stops on the corner) or register quite late (in which case they will spin unsucessfully). Frankly, I am amazed at the vast difference in funtionality. It is almost useless in this application.Not being an expert, I'm unsure exactly where the difference is that causes the trouble. However, having caught a zillion pokemon and spun a zillion stops it seems to me that the delay between pushing the button to activate the PoGo+ and the resulting action (whether it is a spin or an attempted catch) is much delayed on Android compared to iOS. In other words, you could do five successive actions on iOS in a much shorter period of time than doing the same on the Android. Close to my home is a restaurant that has a "pokesplosion" spot. If I pull up to the front there will regularly be a dozen pokemon all in one location. It takes much longer to catch them now compared to before.TL;DR: If you have an Android and use PoGo+, your functionality might be quite inferior to someone using iOS. This may be the reason why some complain about their PoGo+ and others do not. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2q41YjN
"PoGo+ behavior far inferior on Android as compared to iOS" "PoGo+ behavior far inferior on Android as compared to iOS" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:00 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.