Ads Top

"I've been able to confirm something about Colosseum that a lot of people have thought"


When playing Pokemon Colosseum on livestream recently, I made heavy use of catch rate information and calculators to catch shadow Pokemon. Throughout the playthrough I encountered numerous situations that seemed very unlikely given the calculations (both in my favor and not). I finally managed to catch the game red handed by witnessing a Tropius escape an Ultra Ball that should've had a 100% chance of catching it. And I have video proof: http://ift.tt/2u2Hg79 can also use this catch rate calculator to confirm it by punching in the HP percentage etc. of the Tropius and seeing that its capture was certain:http://ift.tt/2ttflAw also explains why so many people (including me) have so much trouble catching the final boss's Tyranitar, even though it has a supposedly tame catch rate of 45. On the flip side, it also explains why so many people catch Entei and Suicune with ease (catching both of them in one ball is what first roused my suspicions.)The main thing that surprised me is that no one has ever documented this or even offered it as a serious possibility. I found many forum threads discussing similar oddities, but they were all brushed off as just really bad (or good) luck. Anyway, I hope someone eventually takes the initiative to go through the rom and find all the Shadow Pokemon's actual catch rates, and put those on Bulbapedia or something, so we don't have to live in the dark anymore. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2sjFW2y
"I've been able to confirm something about Colosseum that a lot of people have thought" "I've been able to confirm something about Colosseum that a lot of people have thought" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:46 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.