Ads Top

"Solo Vaporeon Raid (Possible at level 30!)"


#PokemonGO: Hi travellers, long time lurker, first time poster here.Today I fought a Vaporeon raid boss.I mainly play solo (level 34) on a day-to-day basis and I wanted to see if I could beat any Tier 3 raids to increase the reward drop rates from my free daily raid. After reading This Post and dps calculator spreadsheets, I determined that I had a shot at taking on Vaporeon if one spawned nearby.My team consisted of a Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt Jolteon and 5 big grasses with Solar Beam: 2 Venusaurs and 3 Exeggutors. My goal was to maximize dps.My first attempt was a failure. I attempted some unsuccessful dodges, had multiple attackers faint when almost ready to release a charge move, and other such small errors. the Vaporeon finished on <10% health, and I was sure I could do better.My seconds attempt I tried not dodging at all. I ran into the unfortunate downside that my Solar beam attackers were getting off two beams each and fainting to Hydro Pump with an almost full charge bar. again the Vaporeon times out with ~5% health.I went again. My aim was to dodge 1 hydro pump per Solar Beam attacker, allowing time for another Solar Beam each. With ~14 seconds left I realised my current Exeggutor (who had just Solar Beamed) wouldn't live long enough to beam again, manually switched to a Venusaur and got off one last Solar beam at 3 seconds remaining to end the fight at 1 second. The Vaporeon assisted by Hydro Pumping the Venusaur to give me the energy for the Solar Beam.A few take-away points:Luck played a factor. Vaporeon held off the first Hydro Pump a long time. This allowed my first attacker, the Jolteon, to get off 4 Thunderbolts and a lot of fast damage.Getting wiped out was not an issue. My 6th attacker was a Venusaur who never saw battle in any of the 3 fights.The Winning Team:1: 91% Level 30 Jolteon - 2306CP - Thunder Shock/Thunderbolt2: 73% Level 32 Exeggutor - 2506CP - Extrasensory/Solar Beam3: 67% Level 30 Exeggutor - 2377CP - Extrasensory/Solar Beam4: 55% Level 30 Exeggutor - 2331CP - Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam5: 89% Level 31 Venusaur - 2206CP - Razor Leaf/Solar Beam6: 82% Level 30.5 Venusaur - 2177CP - Razor Leaf/Solar BeamThis is not an optimal team. Bullet Seed or Confusion would be a DPS improvement for any of the Exeggutors, Vine Whip would be an improvement over Razor Leaf for the Venusaur and the IV's could be a lot better. I think trainer level 29 would be enough with the optimized movesets.I plan to use this success as a benchmark, and beat a Vaporeon a day (slowly improving this team) to get my TMs and Golden Razzes.TL:DR - I took down a Vaporeon raid boss solo with a team which could be assembled by any player over level 30. My apologies for the essay, I am used to writing scientific reports. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2tnnYME
"Solo Vaporeon Raid (Possible at level 30!)" "Solo Vaporeon Raid (Possible at level 30!)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:52 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.