Ads Top

"Watch the Gym Negativity, it's damaging to the community!"


#PokemonGO: Hey everyone,I'm a frequent lurker here almost every day and this is my first post ever. I come to the Silph Road because of the amazing information provided here for more casual solo players like myself.The reason I'm making my first ever post comes from reading thread after thread hating on this new system. I'm in an area without many stops or gyms nearby so I'm lucky if I got maybe 10 coins every few days. But now I see many trainers complaining about their lack of getting 100 coins a day and it makes me want to stop. Why can't trainers be happy that this new system gives other players a chance to enjoy the gym game? We love this game because it's fun for everyone, and I come here every day because of the knowledge and great information to help me enjoy the game more. Now I feel hated because I'm a "filthy casual" and it's players like me that caused you to not get your precious 100 coins every single day. Now I'm not saying lots of those players didn't put in hard work to get their coins, because they absolutely did. I'm just trying to say that this update gave a lot more players the chance to actually play the game and that's a wonderful thing. Now I can fight a couple of gym battles, feed a couple berries, and not worry that I didn't help my team. It used to be I'd ignore every gym because it's level 10 with Pokemon I can't even touch.Please keep in mind that this game has millions of players and 100 coins a day hardcore players are in the minority for how the game is designed. IMO the point of the game is to have fun and while many players have fun by getting coins, the old gym system made it so many players couldn't even participate. If I can get a few coins and candies from this new update instead of being locked out of every gym around because I can't take a level 10 gym by myself than I consider the update a massive success! I'm by no means saying the update is perfect; there are a lot of things that can be fixed and tweaked to make it better for everyone. There is a lot of awesome constructive criticism here and many great ideas I hope they implement, but we know they are working hard to make this the best game for everyone. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this and I can't lurk anymore and listen to people complain without saying something. Let's get back to the positive community that I know this sub is!(This really is my first Reddit post ever, so if I've done something wrong please let me know and how to fix it)edit: Clarified a couple of points. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2rZ9BOw
"Watch the Gym Negativity, it's damaging to the community!" "Watch the Gym Negativity, it's damaging to the community!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:42 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.