Ads Top

"Champion Teacher returns! Here's the update!"


Previous Thread: http://ift.tt/2t9WhCD everyone,Sorry it’s taken so long to post this update, but I left my DS behind and I wanted to upload the videos of the actual battles! Anyway, after the shockingly huge response to my last post I really felt the pressure to do well in these battles.TL;DR at the end of the post.Based on the results of the poll, I decided that I would lose the first battle, just about win the second, and finally annihilate him in the third battle. I'd use Pokémon that are my personal favs, and a few competitives as well. The boys had their own mini-tournament first, with only one of them winning all three of his matches.Sam.The fact that his name is actually the same as Prof Oak just seems too perfect to be true! It was also great because he was the boy that made a little ‘Pokémon Snack Box’ for me as a present. He had asked me loads of questions over the year, favourite drink, crisps, sweets, dessert, fruit etc, and then came in on the day of the Tournament with a shoebox filled with all of my favs. Not only had he printed pictures of pokémon and stuck them all over, not only had he got his dad to photoshop a picture of me and him to look like Ash and Pikachu BUT he also had taped some notes to each item in the box giving them pokémon worthy names. The bottle of water was a hyper potion, the apple was a Chesto Berry and a few more. He even made my own Mimikyu, with a sweet potato (my favourite vegetable) underneath! So I was delighted that I was going to crush his pokémon dreams! Here's the Mimikyu he made me.The other thing I think I should mention is just how much the mums of the class were into this as well, with pretty much all of them asking how did the game get on.Onto the battles!I let Sam chose the format, so he picked doubles for the first two matches, and singles for the last match. Fine by me.THE FIRST BATTLE!His team:IncineroarHariyamaMachokeKadabraAlolan MukArcainineIt is such a kids team, and I love that. He also asked me what level does Machoke and Kadabra evolve at, so I let him know how to evolve them.My TeamVaporeon (My personal favourite)Poliwrath (Water/Fighting to combat Sam’s Fire/Dark starter)Alolan Ninetails (New gen favourite)Decidueye (My starter this gen)Here’s the code if you want to watch the battle, but I have no way of putting it on YouTube that doesn't involve a day of learning how to do it properly.First battle Code: 6RXG-WWWW-WWW7-Q66UIf you don’t want to watch it, here’s a quick rundown.His Hariyama and Incineroar vs My Vaporeon and Poliwrath. His Hariyama knocks out my Vaporeon, but my Poliwrath knocks out his Incineroar. I send out Decidueye, and he sends out his Kadabra.His Hariyama and Kadabra vs My Decidueye and Poliwrath. He cleverly uses Kadabra to get rid of Poliwrath, but Decidueye OHKOs Kadabra easily. I send out Alolan Ninetails, and he sends out Alolan Muk.His Hariyama and Alolan Muk vs My Decidueye and Alolan Ninetails. The entire class were cheering on Sam at this point, and they all got stressed when they saw my HA Ninetails use Aurora Veil. His Hariyama uses Knock Off against Decidueye and Sludge bomb against Ninetails. Hail knocks out my own Decidueye and now I’m down to one pokémon.His Hariyama and Alolan Muk vs my Solo Alolan Ninetails. This was a wrap up. Two moves and I was out!The class cheered and whooped and couldn’t believe that Sam had managed to beat me! He blushed with pride as the kids clapped and chanted his name. A few of the cheekier kids even started taunting me, but I really didn’t mind, it was all in good fun.“Eh Sam,” I said, employing the irritating cockiness of one Gary Oak, “Will I actually use my good pokémon this time?”He glared at me with the foolish determination of one Ash Ketchum and said “Bring it on.”THE SECOND BATTLE!His Team:IncineroarHariyamaMachokeKadabraAlolan MukArcainineIf it ain’t broke don’t fix it!My Team:Competitively ready MimikyuCompetitively ready Alolan Ninetails6IV Venusaur that I bred for the occasionDecidueye again.Code for those that want to view!54BW-WWWW-WWW7-Q677His Hariyama and Incineroar vs My Mimikyu and A-Ninetails.His Hariyama used Fake Out causing my Ninetails to miss setting up Aurora Veil (Hey! He learned!) and his Incineroar managed to finish off Ninetails. Mimikyu managed to squeeze in a Swords Dance and on we moved. Some of the kids questioned my move choice.I said nothing.His Hariyama and Incineroar vs My Mimikyu and VenusauR(I lied and said that this Venusaur has been with me since Gen 3, just to add the tension!) Mimikyu got another Swords Dance in and most of the kids laughed at me ‘messing up’ and not using an attacking move.I said nothing.I had Venusaur use Toxic, genuinely FORGETTING TO MEGA-EVOLVE HIM! He poisoned Incineroar and then Mimikyu’s Disguise was busted by Hariyama.“What?!” called a boy in the crowd, “Why didn’t that kill Mimikyu?! He’s really weak!”I said nothing.Then Incineroar OHKO’d Venusaur and I got a bit sweaty at this stage. He still had 6 pokémon left and I had a crummy enough Decidueye. As good as my Mimikyu was I didn’t think it could last through six pokemon solo...His Hariyama and Incineroar vs My Mimikyu and DecidueyeMimkyu knocks out Incineroar and all of the class marvelled as Decidueye’s Z-Move knocked out Hariyama(with the help of Ninetails’ leftover Hail). All the kids in the class who play Pokémon chose Litten, so it was the first time any of them saw it.His Arcanine and Kadabra vs My Mimikyu and Decidueye.Arcanine’s Intimidate gets a look in, but Mimikyu still manages to knock out Kadabra. Arcanine hits Decidueye with a Flame Wheel, but he survives somehow. Out comes his Machoke...But then he switches it for A-Muk?His Arcanine and A-Muk vs My Mimikyu and Decidueye.Mimikyu OHKO’s A-Muk and Arcanine finishes Decidueye off. Now I’m getting quite worried as Mimkyu has only 11 HP. I hope that his Machoke misses or something as I use Shadow Sneak (Priority move) against Arcanine.Turns out, he swapped out Machoke as it only knew Fighting type moves!Mimkyu finishes off Machoke and I leave with my dignity intact!As that battle took longer than I thought (I blame my forgetting to Mega Evolve Venusaur!) it was already the end of the school day, and I got the kids to pack up and I’d go head to head against Sam the next day.The Final Battle!His Team:Alolan Exeggutor (A surprise)IncineroarAlakazam (He learned!)Machamp(I was really impressed with him.)Alolan MukHariyama.My TeamVenusaurCompetitively ready Alolan NinetailsDecidueyeMy shiny 6IV breeding Ditto (Shout out to /r/BreedingDittos!)Competitively ready Alolan ExeggutorMy now signature Pokemon: MimikyuCode for those who wish to watch.3F7G-WWW-WWW7-Q67JThis was a singles battle as Sam thought he’d stand a better chance. so it was a bit longer than the others, When it started off I noticed that not only had he evolved his pokémon and changed his party, but his character had very different threads on as well! (“I’ve made some upgrades” he boasted.)His A-Exeggutor vs My Venusaur.My mistake? Forgetting to give Venusaur it’s Mega Stone.His mistake? Thinking Sleep Powder works on Grass Types.Venusaur won with Toxic and Venoshock, but Sam did give Exeggutor a Quick Claw, which was interesting, the previous day he didn't give a single item to any pokémon bar Z-Crystals.His Incineroar vs My VenusaurI knew Venusaur wouldn’t last that long, so I Leech Seeded him. Incineroar used Flare Blitz and the score was even.His Incineroar vs My DittoIncineroar used Leech Life and Ditto transformed. Sam thought this was hilarious, and I was a bit disappointed my Shiny Ditto didn’t Transform into a Shiny Incineroar. It probably does in Japan (Nintendo pls…) An Outrage off and Sam’s Incineroar stayed put.His Incineroar vs My Mimikyu.Enough toying with him I thought. I set up Swords dance and he sent out his Machamp. He warned me that he had taught Machamp a Dark move so he could hit Mimikyu (He’s learning so much!) But Mimikyu was too fast.His Alakazam vs My Mimikyu.Disguise was still not triggered, so I used Swords Dance again. Alakazam used Psychic and busted the disguise, and then Sam quite cleverly sacrificed Incineroar so that Alakazam could stay at full health.His Hariyama vs My MimikyuOHKO. Next?His Alolan Muk vs My MimkyuSam (and the class) were getting a bit deflated at this point in the battle, knowing how powerful Mimikyu is from the last battle. So out goes my A-Exeggutor, giving his Muk a free hit.His Alolan Muk vs My Alolan Exeggutor.The whole lot of them perked up at this point, excited that Sam had a sudden chance. Muk managed to take down Exeggutor’s health with Sludge Bomb, and eventually killed him.His Alolan Muk vs My Mimikyu.Okay, enough with the false hope.Once I sent out Mimikyu I put on a show of ‘remembering’ that all the Swords Dance effects were now gone. I still killed Muk though. (Exeggutor had chipped away at it’s health)His Alakazam vs My MimikyuAlthough not Swords Danced up, Mimikyu was still too much for his Alakazam.Game Over.I had a really fun time, and I’m pretty sure the Trainers of the class did as well. They didn’t get upset that Sam lost, or bored of the match either. They all seemed to (quite maturely) accept that I was just the more experienced player and that was what it boiled down to. I pulled a bit of a Karen and said the whole “Try to win with your favourites” speech but put more of a competitive spin on it, saying that there are loads of pokémon out there that seem weak, but are strong if you just think about it, just like Mimikyu.Finally, Harry, another kid in the class, gave me a box of chocolates wrapped in this.It was a good year and a good class. Now to enjoy the summer! Alola!TL;DR: Lost the first match, used a competitive Mimikyu to just about win the second and annihate the kid in the third. Whole class watched and cheered. It was a good day. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2t08wXk
"Champion Teacher returns! Here's the update!" "Champion Teacher returns! Here's the update!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:41 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.