Ads Top

"[Idea] NPCs, Challenges, and Quests"


#PokemonGO: Tl;dr - Implement NPCs that pop up that give challenges and quests.  Short (1 hour) or long (24 hour) time frames focused on catching pokemon, battling, doing raids, walking, hatching eggs, or finding items.  Examples below....I've had this idea in my mind for awhile and I finally decided to write it out a bit.  I know the focus right now is on gyms, raids, and making sure all is working in that respect, but I feel a major untapped potential is to add in NPCs, Challenges, and Quests. I'm not asking that these be implemented immediately! I know Niantic is doing their best with Raids, improving the gym system (cough-RewardsForAttacking-cough), possible PvP, trading, Legen--(we're waiting for it)--Daries, Gen 3, etc... but I believe adding NPCs like there are in the main game would improve the game and add new exciting elements to keep players engaged.These are just ideas, as are the issues following that would need to be addressed....Examples:1)  Fisherman pops up: "I've been at it for hours and I just can't get a bite!  If you could help me catch some Magikarp, I'd give you a nice reward!  What do you say?"  (Terms of quest pop up: Catch 5 Magikarp in one hour and return to Fisherman for reward). "Wow, you did it!  Thanks for the help!  Here's your reward"  (Exp + Stardust + ... I don't know, extra Magikarp candy?  A couple of Rare Candy?  It's up to Niantic)2)  Pkmn Trainer pops up: "These gyms are pretty hard and the pokemon are too tough (how ironic would it be if the gyms have one pokemon or a just a couple low CP fodder).  Do you think you can defeat some of these gyms?  I'd love to see a strong trainer like you battle and I'd give you a nice reward!" (Terms pop up: Defeat 10 pokemon from gyms in one hour and return to Pkmn trainer for reward)"That was amazing, you really did it!  I have a lot to work on, thanks for showing me some good battles!  Here's your reward"  (Exp + Stardust + ... etc)3) Mountain Climber pops up: "There are so many berries here! Could you help me collect some berries? I could give you a nice reward." (Terms pop up: Collect 10 berries in 1 hour and return to Mountain Climber for reward)"Wow look at all those berries! My pokemon are going to love these, thank you! Here's your reward" (Exp + Stardust * amount of berries ... etc)4) Bug catcher trainer5) Bird watcher trainer6) Pokémon Raid Trainer (similar to Ex 2)7) Jogger (walk certain distance)8) Egg hatcher trainer(Literally take ideas from the main game. There's lots of them)...What do you think?  Here are some things I haven't worked out that would need to be addressed.--Do you have to return to the NPC for the reward or can you collect remotely (I would personally prefer returning, but I could see arguments made for remote collection)--Different tiers? (Tier 1 - partial reward; Tier 2 - full reward; Tier 3 - Bonus reward. Ex 1: Tier 1 - Catch 3; Tier 2 - Catch 5; Tier 3 - Catch 8.)--Timer feature like lucky eggs?--Long (24 hour) and short (1 hour) term challenges?--Do you keep the pokemon/items (i.e. Magikarp in ex 1, berries in ex 2) or transfer them to npc?--Are rewards primarily Exp and stardust based, or can they also include extra candy, items like potions and berries, or even more exclusive items like rare candy, golden razz, tms, or raid passes (-gasp- this is unlikely and wishful thinking).--Could there be a sightings tab like there is for raids? --Are they available to all trainers at the same time like raids and pokemon (probably...)?--Do they affect local spawns? (I.e. increased Magikarp spawns in area when quest is active in Ex 1, increased berry drop rate in Ex 2, etc)--What about biomes? Could a fisher trainer influence spawns in non-water biomes?--Should there be a rotating pool where a certain ~5 NPCs are available for a period of time (1-2 weeks?) and then changed?Additions--From u/XeroRaiD: Team Magma/Aqua/Rocket spawns where you battle grunts (most likely implemented once PvP is added).--NPC spawns more in rural areas? Could give more options in low density areas and tap into rural fanbase.--From u/deklol37: NPCs offer trading ("I'm looking for a Magikarp... could I trade you my Sandshrew?"). This could help people get pokemon outside of their biomes.--From u/clamuschowderus: Training gyms to make certain species relevant. See their idea below!--From u/dacedrgn: Use team leaders as the source of challenges! Awesome idea to create more story and purpose other than telling me that my pokemon us not going to make much headway in battle. Read more below.--From u/jetsdude: A mockup done 6 months ago that shows what it could look like! (Very well done, by the way). Why haven't we heard anything from Niantic when such great ideas have already been bouncing around......Thanks for taking the time to read! Please let me know what you think and hopefully we can come up with more ideas and generate discussion that could get these ideas in the minds of the right people for future use. Comments, suggestions, and (constructive) criticisms are all welcome :)...Edit: Minor text fixesEdit2: I know these are not just my ideas, as this has been mentioned many times in suggestion threads, so I'm not trying to take full credit. I just want to create a place to talk about this and hopefully get noticed :) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2tpUdGx
"[Idea] NPCs, Challenges, and Quests" "[Idea] NPCs, Challenges, and Quests" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:14 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.