Ads Top

"How often are you experiencing the "white out" bug currently vs. in the past."


#PokemonGO: You know... the bug that makes your "tracker" show no nearby pokemon, and makes all pokemon that were visible disappear before your eyes for several seconds, and then they all pop back up.I'm personally experiencing it A LOT! It's always been a pretty factor for me, especially if playing as a passenger, even at a few mph you'll be out of range quick!It's currently worse than ever for me, and I'm getting some variation that I've not seen before, such as longer periods of "white out". The variation that is the most bothersome is that now I'm getting "white outs" back to back, sometimes 3 or 4 of them right after the other. For instance, I'll round a corner, tracker full with 9 mons, and several mons spawn on my screen at once, then, just as they land from the jump they do when spawning, they all vanish, along with everything on my tracker, then a very long 2-4 later everything respawns, but then as soon as they land they all vanish again, then repeat... I feel like 4 back to back is the most I've had, could have been more, but 4 is rare, 3 isn't often but 2 back to back is happening to me quite often, maybe more often than it just happening once and not repeating.Now, my wife plays as well, and I'll take her phone and spin/catch for her too, I quickly recognized that the "white out" events must be timing or location based, as it would happen to both our phones at the same time/place, and things reappeared at the same time/place on both phones (Galaxy S7), I'm fairly certain this was determined and discussed here in TSR. That was before the bug gym rework, I've now noticed that these repeating "white outs" are NOT always happening at the same time/place, or both phones "white out" but hers is fine after the first one, but mind will do it again. It's unpredictable, hard to recreate, if I pass through a spot on my street that consistently triggers a "white out" it may repeat 2-3 times on my first pass, but the next time I walk or drive past it will only do it once... you get the picture.Another thing I've noticed is that I can count on a double "white out" within the first 20-45 seconds of being logged in, it happens 90%+ of the time that I log in... unless I log in from home on my WiFi... if I'm on 4G, or if I'm moving, no matter how slow, but still on my home Wi-Fi, then I'll a double "white out" almost every time.Sorry to be so long winded, but I wanted to try to explain things as best I could.Just from my experience, and having 2 phones in hand to watch this variability really has me wondering... why? What's causing me to experience this so often, so much more than I used to, and at different times and places than others, and the number of back to back "white outs" varying do wildly! I wonder the frequency that other players are experiencing this, or if they've experienced it at all.It also really makes me question how an issue like this, a bug that is well known, long standing and atleast having some negative impact ( I'd argue a significant impact) on a large portion of the playerbase, can remain a problem for so long without being addressed and improved, if not fixed entirely, as opposed to my current situation, where I'm experiencing it more often than ever and with a greater impact than ever, with these back to back events.What are your personal experiences? Are things better or worse for you now vs then, ate others having back to back "white out" events like me, and why? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2sZNqEq
"How often are you experiencing the "white out" bug currently vs. in the past." "How often are you experiencing the "white out" bug currently vs. in the past." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:44 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.