Ads Top

""Pokémon the Movie 20: I choose you!" was really great!"


As I now live in Tokyo, I was easily able to watch Kimi ni Kimeta. The movie is really great.Like many people, I thought the movie will be a retelling of the 1st season of anime. But it's actually a new story. To me, this is their way for a retcon--a timely one at that given the monumental occasion and the length of the franchise.I understand why some people who call this movie sh*t because there's no Gary, Brock, nor Misty. But precisely because it is a retcon that Souji and Makoto play a different function in this entirely new adventure.Can we consider this movie canon? I am in the opinion that yes we can. Here's my take why:If we don't consider this canon, will we also consider other movies non-canon? The only exemption is the Origins which is not an Ash adventure. If we don't consider this canon, Marshadow AND Ho-Oh's tales are NOT canon.Makoto and Souji can be taken as spiritual successors to Brock and Misty. Many, many hints at the movie.This movie answers our question: "Why is Ash stuck as 10 year old?" Without this movie, we won't have the solid-most answer.The movie does not make explicit mention of being in Kanto nor Johto. This gives space to exist somewhere in between. Most of the wild Pokémon are Gen-1 only but later on we see latter gens. Or as a retcon, this means maybe there wasn't only 250 or so in Kanto-Johto, we're now looking at a world with all the currently known Pokémon.edit: By the way, the action is really, really good. I really loved the Cross vs Ash fights.edit2: You can also get an Ash-Pikachu gaole from the cinema in addition to the Marshadow.edit3: I've essayed here on why you can give this movie a chance. But TLDR, I realized this movie is a literary genius. You can enjoy it like a kid would do and that's fine; yet it is filled with material for higher abstraction.If you have questions on the movie, getto da ze! via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2uujGDI
""Pokémon the Movie 20: I choose you!" was really great!" ""Pokémon the Movie 20: I choose you!" was really great!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:34 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.